A plethora of fools making educational internet web webs

Author Topic: A plethora of fools making educational internet web webs  (Read 2832 times)

(edit)

The original post wasn't phrased well.

In short does anyone want to make a few experimental videos.

(bonus)

UH OH WATCH OUT

This certainly doesn't look good, click this to find out what happens to these poor poor American babies...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvqjJzuaNSE
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 06:34:28 PM by Tea »

BUT! I think theres a chance that
each time someone makes a post like this they think they are the first person ever in the entire world to come up with the ground breaking idea that a publicity stunt will magically shoot this game's player count up to steam green light numbers so they can recreate their rose tinted childhood memories of this game

you are living in denial

your only hope now is to accept blockland's fate and enjoy the game with the remaining population, and that brickadia breaks free of its teething problems and perpetual wheel slip.

each time someone makes a post like this they think they are the first person ever in the entire world to come up with the ground breaking idea that a publicity stunt will magically shoot this game's player count up to steam green light numbers so they can recreate their rose tinted childhood memories of this game

you are living in denial

your only hope now is to accept blockland's fate and enjoy the game with the remaining population, and that brickadia breaks free of its teething problems and perpetual wheel slip.
Sorry I don't mean to have my message be misconstrued. This isn't really an attempt to "relive to golden days". Its more about gathering a bunch of people together to make a collection of funny videos.

Sorry I don't mean to have my message be misconstrued. This isn't really an attempt to "relive to golden days". Its more about gathering a bunch of people together to make a collection of funny videos.
The game is already dead as dirt lol. But we can take advantage of that, and that's what I aim to achieve with these videos

Its more about gathering a bunch of people together to make a collection of funny videos.
Have you heard of BCC or Blockland United? You could surely find people there to do this sort of thing.

In all fairness we haven't gotten Blockland in national news with an act of domestic terrorism yet so we can't know for sure it wont work

In all fairness we haven't gotten Blockland in national news with an act of domestic terrorism yet so we can't know for sure it wont work
we have also yet to march on a cults headquarters

We could have multiple people post videos with thumbnails of vague poorly taken photos, and dramatic clickable titles, . such as "Nevada Zoo Massacre", and you click on the video and its just a insane Blockland video of something disturbing happening at a zoo.

The idea is that multiple of these that would just pop into everyones feed and they'd wonder: "What the hell is this game?"
say what lol, why would we want to advertise to the type of people who want to see a massacre at a zoo

and why would people then go on to share whats essentially a spam link?? why would they even watch the video??? how is it getting onto everyones feed????

Churning out some sort of content that is linked to a permanent game presence might work, but you would have to solve some issues:

1. what content are we going to make? how will this content translate into people buying the game?

2. when they buy the game, how do we create an inviting atmosphere? what do we do to keep them logging in? people will abandon a dead game

3. how do we address the fact that the dev is not only MIA but is a generally controversial person? anyone who bothers to look into the game will figure that out

I honestly think BL's best chance at getting any notoriety is some sort of video chronicling peoples experiences with not only the game BUT the general atmosphere of the early internet (through the lens OF the game) - people dont care about this game its nothing close to unique anymore, so you would need to answer the hardest question of all which is them asking

4. why is this relevant to me?

and an easy way to answer that is with nostalgia, which makes it more personal and shifts it from a them (viewer) and us (blocklanders) relationship to an us (people who used online gaming as a social platform, those who remember a time pre-social media where MMO's/Online gaming communities were huge & filled a major social role in our lives)

we need some kind of video about our interactions and relationships that spawned FROM the game, not about the game, and then we could contrast that with the current state of the game & community. A lot of people can relate to a time when online gaming was not only an entertainment thing but a social thing, which is something that isnt as focal anymore with the popularity of facebook/twitter/etc

what if instead we just make a new blockland

oh wait

say what lol, why would we want to advertise to the type of people who want to see a massacre at a zoo
I apologize for the extreme video hypothetical. (Even though it'd be funny) The idea was to spawn a series of videos using Blockland as a stage. Nothing about saving the game, or trying to relive the glory days. I wrote the original post late at night, and didn't come across the way I intended.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 06:34:41 PM by Tea »

I apologize for the extreme video hypothetical. (Even though it'd be funny) The idea was to spawn a series of videos using Blockland as a stage. Nothing about saving the game, or trying to relive the glory days. I wrote the original post late at night, and didn't come across the way I intended.
disappointed you went back on your idea and turned this into a stuffpost because people are being cynical tbh
we literally have child enthusiasts and honor students, the 4chan crowd is who this is most appealing to now so at least you made some sense before

disappointed you went back on your idea and turned this into a stuffpost because people are being cynical tbh
we literally have child enthusiasts and honor students, the 4chan crowd is who this is most appealing to now so at least you made some sense before

I like blockland videos lol. Go for it.

is your avatar from Topcat?

is your avatar from Topcat?
It's Boo-Boo from the old Yogi the Bear cartoons, which was made by Hanna Barbera, much like Top Cat was, but even so that image is using a different art style, it's still replicating the old Hanna-Barbera design