Poll

Do you?

Yes
13 (68.4%)
No
6 (31.6%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: April 05, 2023, 09:47:14 PM

Author Topic: An important 2-part philosophical question: Part 1  (Read 3326 times)

I come to the remnants of this forum with a pair of immensely important philosophical questions. The second will be a follow-up to the same scenario as the first. The most important ask I have going into this is that you answer completely honestly. The questions will not have a gotcha, or be a trick. The scenario should be open enough that it shouldn't need clarification or "Am I allowed to?" questions. The first poll will run for 48 hours, at which point I will run the second question.

Here is the scenario:

Imagine the ideal lovebot. Production cost and technology are for the most part not an issue. It doesn't have to be commercially viable, and it can be as personalized to you as you'd like. It can be modular or static, have any number of desired features, and  resemble any person or character you desire. It can have GPT+ advanced AI that is indistinguishable from human, it could be silent, it could be anywhere in between.
There are two restrictions to this lovebot: It must be at least vaguely humanoid, with two arms and two legs. Second, it must be at some level distinguishable as a robot. It does not need to make mechanical whirring noises with every movement, or be plugged in at all times, but an average person should not be able to inspect the robot, have love with it, and walk away convinced that it was a genuine biological organism. Now keeping these restrictions in mind, decide on at least the general appearance and functionality of your own ideal lovebot.

Now, here is the first question:

You are given the opportunity to have love with this robot. No catch, no consequences. The setting is as private and furnished as you want it to be. You do not have to sign a contract or forfeit payment of any kind. There is not even an offer if you do not want there to be one; just a place, the robot, and all the time you want.

Do you have love with the robot?

Part two thread is here: https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=328159.0
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 10:53:39 PM by TheScout »

something something robot dating sim moment

robolife? something like that

obviously. what kind of question is this. who wouldn't

already did this irl

obviously. what kind of question is this. who wouldn't
☝️

Nah I got a wife I'm good.

Interesting results so far.

I wish I had the strength to say no but it's probably likely 99% of us would say yes.

Nah I got a wife I'm good.
Why can't you and your wife both enjoy the robot

Interesting results so far.
If you're looking to do more polls, you're gonna have a bad time

oh mother forgeter is there no way to reset the poll anymore

Only if the robot is genuinely capable of loving me back, because without the emotional connection love is WORTHLESS. Srsly I'd rather just jack off. Less of a hassle that way.

I'm ready for the twist. She's probably going to rip my richard off or install bonzi buddy on my brain or whatever, but it doesn't matter; had love.

oh mother forgeter is there no way to reset the poll anymore
Can't edit polls anymore because of some shenanigans that happened before the switch to SMF 2.0

You'd just have to lock and make a new thread

It's gotta take me out to dinner first.