Author Topic: happy pride month everybody  (Read 26326 times)

why are yall arguing about badspot? who gives a stuff about his stupid forgetin blog post

back to the gay thing. if you believe your pathetic little religion is having some kind of holy resurgence you're fooling yourself. every generation, fewer and fewer people consider themselves christian. even fewer are bothering to go to church, which can't mean anything good for you. evangelicals, the only sect that could be worth worrying about in regards to LGBT people, only make up 25% of this country, and 36% of them think homoloveuality should be accepted. you are right that reactionary lawmakers are doing what they do best and reacting. one last outcry before they become irrelevant and die, trying to appeal to a base that they don't seem to realize is dying with them. the unconstitutional laws they're writing in their deluded fervor are being stopped almost as quickly as they were shoved through legislation. you're all going to live an empty life trying to find innovative new ways to hate people who don't even know your name, and it'll have been for absolutely nothing

guy I don't have D4, I was asking you. You're the one that said you chose to make your character the largest you could, I was assuming there could be a slider from that.

I'm dumb, you said THEY made her. reading is hard
Yeah I was about to kick you're ass, too used to twitter and another community with sarcastic questions, yeah no slider, they want them all to look the same so you can tell what's going on.
Plus the Druids (the "hambeasts") are bear people, of course they're large

Idunno if people abandoning Christianity en masse is such a good thing though. the church is generally a rotten institution, but it's also one of the last non-market social forces that had any impact on regular peoples lives, a spiritual, non capitalist sphere that provided stability and social cohesion. All shared social spaces are being destroyed to further atomize the working class, and then these institutions are being rebuilt in the workplace. Sure, it's comforting to know that bigoted hate merchants are slowly dying out, but they're being usurped by neoliberalism, which is just as insidious.

one of the problems with the popular atheism that erupted in the 2,000s, aside from giving birth to the most annoying dudes ever, is that it had no moral valence aside from "religion bad", it had nowhere to go - hell that's why so many dudes who were obsessively anti-church have become insane right-wing reactionaries only a decade later.

Evangelicals and the church might be dying, but it's not being replaced by anything good in it's stead

yawn
denial's only the first step buddy you got a long way to go

yawn
wow I wonder who this guy is, complete mystery.

anyway that's enough pride month thread. this place has been dead for ages and some good old family values was all it took to set a 2023 record for posts per day twice in a row. I take back that stuff I said about this place being important