Author Topic: Please stop dying - or make a time machine!!!  (Read 10979 times)

zoomers don't understand forums and see them as outdated, i bet most of them think that a forum is what discords implementation of them are.

zoomers don't understand forums and see them as outdated, i bet most of them think that a forum is what discords implementation of them are.
stuff like discord moves too fast to ever be used in the same fashion, but it kind of makes sense because i don't think kids in the latest generation even have the capacity to discuss something for more than a few minutes at a time. i'd say all kids are like that but that doesn't explain the large amount of children in the 2000s who used forums.

discord is amazingly convenient good for chatting, but chatrooms move way too quickly and it's not fun showing off things in a chatroom cause it will often be buried, even if people see it at the time... there's people that get on later who don't see stuff

literally what in the hell are you talking about. none of this is true whatsoever. kiwifarms isn't a real forum it's a cesspool of people who all hate each other even more than we did and literally no normal internet forum has any of their problems
I take it you've never used the farms because none of what you're describing is true. They have an off topic board, game board, etc, just like we do - except way more users. Well, probably not anymore considering its an onion link now. TOR can forget off

I take it you've never used the farms because none of what you're describing is true. They have an off topic board, game board, etc, just like we do - except way more users. Well, probably not anymore considering its an onion link now. TOR can forget off
yeah I haven't because I'm not a forgetin loser

Care to explain why it's an onion link if they don't have some serious problems internally?

yeah I haven't because I'm not a forgetin loser
You should probably avoid proclaiming things when it comes to subjects you know nothing about.

Care to explain why it's an onion link if they don't have some serious problems internally?
It's an onion link because a person by the name of Clara Sorrenti, AKA Keffals, had a thread about them made on the farms that blew up. Bad actors stepped in and investigateed Keffals and harassed her IRL on multiple occasions. In retaliation Keffals started a campaign online to have Cloudfare drop the farms as a provider... and they eventually caved. The farms then bounced around on the clearnet through a couple other providers, but then turned to .onion as the final solution.

Keffals is basically a professional handicap and victim-card user, but obviously private investigating and all that is inexcusable. IBan did the platform no favors by making no attempt to condemn the act. It does suck because I participated in the videogame subforums a lot and it was fun to browse the crazy stuff happening in the lolcow board, basically the kiwifarms equivalent of our drama board. In all honesty the farms isn't much different from here, a nice forum that fell victim to bad actors on multiple occasions - except it actually caught up with them over there.

You should probably avoid proclaiming things when it comes to subjects you know nothing about.
ok sorry didn't mean to offend your cringe website for 14 year olds
Bad actors stepped in and investigateed Keffals and harassed her IRL on multiple occasions.
every time it's "bad actors" but it just keeps happening. maybe the forum is for bad actors. have you considered that. just because you like the "videogame subforums" doesn't mean it's actually a good website

every time it's "bad actors" but it just keeps happening. maybe the forum is for bad actors. have you considered that. just because you like the "videogame subforums" doesn't mean it's actually a good website

i turned inside out reading this because its only going to get more true with time

ok sorry didn't mean to offend your cringe website for 14 year olds
Yep, I'm totally triggered that you don't know what you're talking about so I corrected you. That was the right conclusion to make, totally. Good job. Does this work on anybody? Curious.

Yeah, I don't do the "guilt by association" thing. If you want to argue that, then by your logic BLF should have been shut down as well. 4Chan users have investigateed people infinitely more times, same with Reddit. Remembers the false Boston bomber private investigating? Should we shut down 4Chan? What about Twitter? Facebook? Instagram? Justify to me why we should be able to shutdown websites because of a few starfishs.

If you want to argue that, then by your logic BLF should have been shut down as well. 4Chan users have investigateed people infinitely more times, same with Reddit. Remembers the false Boston bomber private investigating? Should we shut down 4Chan? What about Twitter? Facebook? Instagram?
yes to all

like, i understand the argument he's making, but i also genuinely believe the world would be a better place without twitter, facebook, reddit, tiktok, and 4chan
EDIT: also instagram
« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 09:56:09 PM by bloody jumper »

Should we shut down 4Chan? What about Twitter? Facebook? Instagram?
sounds like a plan!

Yeah, I don't do the "guilt by association" thing. If you want to argue that, then by your logic BLF should have been shut down as well. 4Chan users have investigateed people infinitely more times, same with Reddit. Remembers the false Boston bomber private investigating? Should we shut down 4Chan? What about Twitter? Facebook? Instagram? Justify to me why we should be able to shutdown websites because of a few starfishs.
the difference between kiwifarms and all of those sites is the ratio of those people to normal people

i'm sure there's plenty of good people on the site, but when there is such a disproportionate amount of users who are there to be malicious, and especially when the first thing you see on the main page at the very top are boards dedicated to harassment, i think just maybe that it's not some "bad actors", but rather simply what the site is trying to intentionally foster

They've been up on .st for sometime now, also the .net just came back up the other day. It is fairly stable

the difference between kiwifarms and all of those sites is the ratio of those people to normal people

i'm sure there's plenty of good people on the site, but when there is such a disproportionate amount of users who are there to be malicious, and especially when the first thing you see on the main page at the very top are boards dedicated to harassment, i think just maybe that it's not some "bad actors", but rather simply what the site is trying to intentionally foster
Gonna parrot Bones and just say you don't know what you're talking about.
Lurk moar, etc
« Last Edit: October 01, 2023, 09:48:29 AM by Frontrox »