I keep opening the forum to see if there's anything new and interesting on here

Author Topic: I keep opening the forum to see if there's anything new and interesting on here  (Read 41475 times)

I live in greater Boston now; though, which I'm sure is a lot more central. Maybe I'll get around to making that stuff happen. A Blockland LAN party would go hard.
im like an hour away from boston, it'd be funny if i go to pax east next year and run across a blockland player

im like an hour away from boston, it'd be funny if i go to pax east next year and run across a blockland player
new york -> boston amtrack costs basically nothing. hmm

crazy i plan on moving to new england next year.

and today i find out i work with a former blocklander, wild

and today i find out i work with a former blocklander, wild
we are everywhere, expect us

its crazy how often i think about this place despite how dead it is in the slightest, I even occasionally end up meeting people over on discord that i may have unknowingly met in game its insane

it absolutely was surreal the first time i met up with the first three blocklanders irl (it was all our first time) but we’ve all become good friends since then

<3

it was really nice when we all used to live in the same area and would just hang out every couple months. i miss those days
« Last Edit: January 12, 2024, 09:38:46 PM by Electrk.. »

I still remember having my dad buy me BL back in 2012/13 (honestly don't remember its one of those years) and i instantly loved it though i never learned how to built that well lol. though being like 10/11 i had no idea what I had no idea wtf I was getting myself into. I still remember in the Return To Blockland chat people were posting very inappropriate bs in the chat and i definitely should've had someone monitoring what I was looking at, at that age.

flash forward to like 2014, I joined the forums once I made an actual email but I didn't really post anything until some dude  named Amir made a drama on me because how of I was hosting my boss battles server (which was basically just a ripoff of pecons server lmao). I made a counter drama which didn't go well obviously me being 12 and not knowing how to actually form an argument and going off pure emotions. After that experience I was started ducking the BL forums because I clearly couldn't handled it lol.

Then in 2016/17  I started posting again now as a 14 year old, from what I remember , i was a kinda annoying and plus I learned that I really didn't know to communicate with people properly. some of my forum threads would be complaining about things in my life or just posting a lot of pictures of myself which started to annoy some people so yeah loool. I did make a lot of friends in
 da community (nix the glaceon, insertnamehere, visolator to name a few) but i straight haven't talked anyone here anymore besides Visolator ig (even then we rarely interact on discord). One thing I remember is that I was definitely not right in the head and had mental health problems (straight up still do but im a lot more aware of it ).

I think 2018 is where I started to move on from Blockland almost entirely. Like I used to be almost depend on this site as weird as it sounds but now I barely think about unless im feeling nostalgic, I want check in if its the site is still or people still hosting servers. right now im kinda the same personality wise when i was a teenager but ive definitely become way more aware of myself and surroundings, trying to work on myself more as a person. I could've typed a lot more but i think this is fine. 

I never really ended up being as active here as 12 year old me always wanted to be - back then I had visions of grandeur like getting recognized on here, being an active poster and all that, never actually ended up doing any of that, though, kinda just always lurked and observed 'cause I never really felt I had much to add to a topic. But I did spend a LOT of time on here, checked the forums at least once a day, maybe more, so obviously the whole F completes to blockland forums applied to me and still does, it was kinda sad seeing everything slow down at first but yknow, I suppose it makes sense people would move on from a forum for a lego game - especially one that's at this point kind of a shell (I still miss the old site theme sometimes, sob).
Haven't played blockland in a while now, last time was just me richarding about with some old addons, particularly the old StarFox fighter vehicle, I remember that being fresh released when I first got the game so that addon always kinda stuck with me

I think the biggest constant during the entire time I've been aware of the forums - so from like, 2010? Somewhere around there? Is that Masterlegodude is active almost everywhere. I never actually interacted with anyone but I specifically remember having forum members internally categorized as "Swell guy" or "Wanker", probably depended on who had drama being posted about them at the time.

Also, looking at my old account made me groan in disappointment more than I have in a while - https://forum.blockland.us/index.php?action=profile;u=18740

Kinda surreal, thinking about how back then I'd have to open every single topic category to get through all the now posts, to now where I can wait days and MAYBE there'll be something new.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2024, 05:05:06 AM by IronMelon »

it's kinda crazy to see even the slightest activity on here in 2024, in true blockland fashion it just keeps on living

I spent a lot of time on Blockland as a kid, mainly hosting Zombie “survivals." Someone may have known me as Ryan900 or as The_Crowbar (or some variant), though I now go by Crowbar10. Despite not playing anymore, I find myself constantly looking at the forums just like many people.

Looking back at my older posts was both cringy and also hilarious considering how socially awkward I was nearly a decade ago. I also figured out that regarding that drama about me years ago and my apology, I now think that my younger self was actually sorry for getting caught being a badmin rather than genuinely regretful, as I kept being somewhat of a prick up until a datablock bug stopped me from hosting a server. It wasn’t until then I mellowed out game wise.

Anyways, it is nice seeing this forum live on despite the game being buried alive. I just might try Blockland rebuilt one day, and I hope that I can attend the reunion/farewell server that may go up should Badspot formally announce a shutdown.

Also, sorry about Bushido passing. Never knew that he cared super deeply about how his minigames and weapons were designed.

I find it crazy that every single topic on the addons page is too old to comment on. This has never happened in Blockland history!

I still remember having my dad buy me BL back in 2012/13 (honestly don't remember its one of those years) and i instantly loved it though i never learned how to built that well lol. though being like 10/11 i had no idea what I had no idea wtf I was getting myself into. I still remember in the Return To Blockland chat people were posting very inappropriate bs in the chat and i definitely should've had someone monitoring what I was looking at, at that age.

flash forward to like 2014, I joined the forums once I made an actual email but I didn't really post anything until some dude  named Amir made a drama on me because how of I was hosting my boss battles server (which was basically just a ripoff of pecons server lmao). I made a counter drama which didn't go well obviously me being 12 and not knowing how to actually form an argument and going off pure emotions. After that experience I was started ducking the BL forums because I clearly couldn't handled it lol.

Then in 2016/17  I started posting again now as a 14 year old, from what I remember , i was a kinda annoying and plus I learned that I really didn't know to communicate with people properly. some of my forum threads would be complaining about things in my life or just posting a lot of pictures of myself which started to annoy some people so yeah loool. I did make a lot of friends in
 da community (nix the glaceon, insertnamehere, visolator to name a few) but i straight haven't talked anyone here anymore besides Visolator ig (even then we rarely interact on discord). One thing I remember is that I was definitely not right in the head and had mental health problems (straight up still do but im a lot more aware of it ).

I think 2018 is where I started to move on from Blockland almost entirely. Like I used to be almost depend on this site as weird as it sounds but now I barely think about unless im feeling nostalgic, I want check in if its the site is still or people still hosting servers. right now im kinda the same personality wise when i was a teenager but ive definitely become way more aware of myself and surroundings, trying to work on myself more as a person. I could've typed a lot more but i think this is fine. 

gang

ayooo been foreva

I could write paragraphs about how awful this place was and all the reasons it became the way it did, but y'all have already done that ten times over, so I won't. I told myself I would never post here again, but the forum seems to be in its "sad reminiscing" phase, so I thought I'd post here. It played too big of a role in my life to not say something, and I'd be lying to myself otherwise.

I find comfort in knowing how many people here have changed for the better. Personally, I regret leaving such a poor final impression on the forums, becoming kind of a crotchety weirdo in the latter years. In fact, my legacy bothers me so much that I still hesitate reconnecting with old acquaintances, like those from Eksi's server back in the day. I guess I just have a hard time letting go of the past, despite how much I've matured since then.

...This is why I relate so hard to the "sad reminiscing" on here, having burned my bridges with the forums. Blockland and its community was both a great and awful influence on me. I was a misguided teenager like a lot of others here, and the forum (plus the rest of the internet circa 2010) made it considerably worse, but it also gave me one of the funnest creative and social outlets I've ever had. This was the place I met Eksi, who ultimately led me to making some lifelong friends. I moved to freaking Sweden to live with my boyfriend I met as a result of all that. I know Blockland isn't directly responsible for these things, but I believe it was fate that I had to go through the wringer of self-sabotage and introspection to get here--a place where I'm way, way, WAY, happier than I was before. It's how I've rationalized my past mistakes, at least.

I still dearly miss Blockland and the better times I had here. Recently I've been toying with getting a dedicated forgetaround server up and running, but I think I may just be chasing a memory. Maybe I'll pop up on the discord server sometime, but right now I'm just posting here as sort of a courtesy for the few who remember me: I'm not dead. I'm doing rather well actually. Life is weird but I think I figured myself out at least.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 07:52:44 PM by Squideey »