Author Topic: they ruined roblox  (Read 1523 times)

my friend and I decided to play some meme games and WOW, after not playing for over a decade it is so much worse than I could have ever imagined

1. there are microtransactions EVERYWHER
you load into a game, click on a button on the gui, mtx
you walk over a button, mtx
you try go to an area, mtx

even in the classic sword fight on the heights you can permanently unlock swords now with mtx

back in the day the vast majority of the games had no mtx, and the ones that did usually had a single "vip" access t-shirt that you would buy with tix

if I wanted to spend that much money on video games I would buy actual games rather than play copies of said game on roblox

it's sad to see that kids are growing up with roblox thinking this is normal, that companies should just charge extra for every single feature, and video games are about who has the most money to spend

2. half the games are completely broken and unplayable
remember that one place you used to visit all the time? it's broken now, you can no longer play it

maybe you can find other games with the search bar! oh wait, half of those are broken too, and even the ones that are playable have features that are broken

the only games that you function are extremely simple ones OR the ones on the front page, but the amount of mtx those games have would make hypercasual mobile game devs jealous

3. front page games are so... complicated
they have improved the client A LOT. While the mtx ruins the games for me, it is still insane what is possible to create in roblox now. If I only played roblox, I would be very happy, but as someone who just wanted to get into a game and play instantly without having to learn anything, I was disappointed

1. there are microtransactions EVERYWHER
you load into a game, click on a button on the gui, mtx
you walk over a button, mtx
you try go to an area, mtx

2. half the games are completely broken and unplayable
remember that one place you used to visit all the time? it's broken now, you can no longer play it
Welcome to the wonderful world of

the funniest part is that the actual engine and technology behind roblox is really impressive, but it's mainly being used to make profit farms disguised as idle games that only take advantage of a tenth of the engines actual potential.

the funniest part is that the actual engine and technology behind roblox is really impressive, but it's mainly being used to make profit farms disguised as idle games that only take advantage of a tenth of the engines actual potential.
yeah, their technology is actually insane and they pay the cream of the crop to work there.

probably a bit biased because the countless hours I've put into blockland and other building sandbox games, but I never liked roblox

at least we still have novetus and ORRH to experience a sliver of what the good old roblox days were like before everything went to complete and utter dogstuff

seeing roblox's gradual decline over the years is like watching someone die from rabies but instead of trying to bite people and stuff roblox is trying to shove microtransactions down their players throats and apparently censor and take to court anyone who calls them out on their mass amounts of tomforgetery

from a technical standpoint it's impressive to see how much the engine has evolved over the years, but everything else has taken a turn for the worse honestly. this might be boomer talk but it really does feel like things went truly downhill after tix were removed

the dev community on roblox is actually loving incredible, there's a huge wealth of open source tooling beyond roblox studio, a lot of it even supported by Roblox itself. on top of the engine being honestly really impressive and versatile, it's actually pretty awesome to work on roblox games, but the algo just disproportionately promotes idle games that get people to stay in the game for a long time. i don't play much but the dev experience these days is pretty sweet

Me when I spend the majority of my time on Roblox being a complete boomer on Flex Your Account Age.