Eve Online

Author Topic: Eve Online  (Read 2628 times)

Im thinking about getting Eve Online, im Downloading the Trail now.

Few Questions, for people that have it.

1. Is it worth the money?
2. Anything you find amazing about this game?
3. Whats your name/user account name.

Im not sure how you add friends or anything at the moment as i still havnt played it.

1: No.
2: Nothing.
3: I quit >_>

The game is notoriously rough on Newbies. It can be fun though. If you die, you lose whatever ship you were in forever.

The territory-conquering and PvP systems in this game are amazing, the best I've seen from any game, bar none. Albeit, you'll need to join some big shot coporation to see any real Fleet battles or anything, but you can still travel around and fight other players in Low-security space.

I quit a year ago, too time consuming. Also I disliked the Player ganks and stuff, albeit I resided in 0.0 space so the occasional hostile player passing by was unavoidable.

All I liked to do in this game was running missions and trying to get into bigger, bad-assed ships.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2008, 06:02:16 PM by Muffinmix »

You have to be smart to play, which pushes away nubs, which I like. It's mostly about making money. Also, if you get good enough to join a fleet, join Goonfleet. They destroy everyone.

EVE takes hours to play, training skills can take days. It has some great features but its not friendly for kids and none action players, it has allot of action but it can takes forever to get to it.

it has allot of action but it can takes forever to get to it.

And it's so rewarding when you do!

Also, the tutorial took an hour for me to get through for the first time. Just a warning.

The game is notoriously rough on Newbies.

I see what you mean on that one.

Luckly i have common sense so i didnt find it that hard.

Also, the tutorial took an hour for me to get through for the first time. Just a warning.

Yeah, that was the same for me, about an hour, now i have the hang of it.

I may buy an account to this game, it seems to be more fun that WoW at the moment, i like the freedom and the fact that i dont have to mission to do anything, if i dont want to.

So far so good on that note :)

I've played it before, but eventually you're going to get bored if you don't take any risks. There's lots of PVP zones and most of the fun stuff happens to be in corporations (Basicly Clans) out in deep space, where there's no security.

You can also get some pretty awesome ships, but you probably should expect to lose them often. Yea, player ganks become a big problem, because you're pretty much safe nowhere in deep space. It's also pretty adrenaline-pumping to be in some of the great battles.

And yea, it's not very kind to beginners, as all of the skills are trained through time. It is fun and worth the money I believe, as long as you are interested.

Join the goons, clog the cannons of enemies with your own corpses.

1. Is it worth the money?
  A. No, It's a very slow, and repetitive game. I liked it, but I played it for months, and in terms on World of Warcraft, after playing it for months, I'd say I was only a lvl 15 or 20 in comparison.
2. Anything you find amazing about this game?
  A. It's unique, but all MMORPG games are all the same, lvl, train, make money, PVP/PVE, guild/clans, blah blah.
3. Whats your name/user account name.
  A. 'Awoken', but I quit a long time ago.

Join the goons, clog the cannons of enemies with your own corpses.

I was in Goonswarm, the most epic ice cream in the universe happened on a daily basis in that corporation.

You need to be either an SA Goon or drafted in by another goon to get in though, or maybe they changed that since they opened up their space to other corporations, whom were allowed to stay as long as they helped fuel the Death Platforms which were the goon POSes, or if they helped in some other way.

If you do decide to go do some PVP, use cheap ships. You'd be suprised how powerful Frigates are in a capable pilot's hands. The best part is that even if you lose it, who cares it's just a frigate.