Author Topic: Project64k Smash Bros. Tournament.  (Read 1745 times)

Hey there. You heard of Project64k? I gots something for ya if you have SSB64 for it. Project64k is a Nintendo 64 emulator. This tournament will take place within this IP of a server: 69.90.34.14:27888

Time: 4:30 PM MST Today
Conditions: Be one of the first 3 to applicate and you will be ready if you are accepted.
A picture will be posted of the tournament status after all applications are accepted. Note: Only 4 can be in the tournament, I will be one of them of course.

Note 2: This is for people on the server right now, if you have these conditions, Emulator and Game, and you applicate, and are accepted, go to the IP listed above :3

Last time I checked its just Project64 and not 64k.

I'll join.

it's Ness tiem, nubz. >:O

Also, 64K is apparently the online version of 64.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2008, 05:38:39 PM by Bushido »

I won't but if I did I would win 8D NESS FTW!!!!

Kay, how to online than?

Last time I checked its just Project64 and not 64k.
There are two version, the official one, and an unofficial one that has netplay

Of course,
A is for apple
B is for bat
C is for cookie
and
gamecube.org is for nintendo64

Of course,
A is for apple
B is for bat
C is for cookie
and
gamecube.org is for nintendo64
Let me quote somethings from it then
Can I Download a Nintendo ROM from the Internet if I Already Own the Authentic Game?

There is a good deal of misinformation on the Internet regarding the backup/archival copy exception. It is not a "second copy" rule and is often mistakenly cited for the proposition that if you have one lawful copy of a copyrighted work, you are entitled to have a second copy of the copyrighted work even if that second copy is an infringing copy. The backup/archival copy exception is a very narrow limitation relating to a copy being made by the rightful owner of an authentic game to ensure he or she has one in the event of damage or destruction of the authentic. Therefore, whether you have an authentic game or not, or whether you have possession of a Nintendo ROM for a limited amount of time, i.e. 24 hours, it is illegal to download and play a Nintendo ROM from the Internet.

People Making Nintendo Emulators and Nintendo ROMs are Helping Publishers by Making Old Games Available that are No Longer Being Sold by the Copyright Owner. This Does Not Hurt Anyone and Allows Gamers to Play Old Favorites. What's the Problem?

The problem is that it's illegal. Copyrights and trademarks of games are corporate assets. If these vintage titles are available far and wide, it undermines the value of this intellectual property and adversely affects the right owner. In addition, the assumption that the games involved are vintage or nostalgia games is incorrect. Nintendo is famous for bringing back to life its popular characters for its newer systems, for example, Mario and Donkey Kong have enjoyed their adventures on all Nintendo platforms, going from coin-op machines to our latest hardware platforms. As a copyright owner, and creator of such famous characters, only Nintendo has the right to benefit from such valuable assets.

Haven't the Copyrights for Old Games Expired?

U.S. copyright laws state that copyrights owned by corporations are valid for 75 years from the date of first publication. Because video games have been around for less than three decades, the copyrights of all video games will not expire for many decades to come.

The three most important quotes from it.

Quote from: Badspot
Stuff that is ok:
  • Emulation
:\

Lol just saw bushido, if you see this my pcs internet is screwing up. Timing out...

Project64k = Project64 with Kaillera (online lobby system for emulators).