Author Topic: Port Forwarding for the Absolute Dummy  (Read 13317 times)

it says
"Port overlap ocurred! please change your entry!"
help?

ok sry for DP, but i fixed the overlap thing by switching blockland to TCP or whatever the abbreviation is, and did all the steps, but my servers are still dead. however, before i re-installed my addons a few weeks ago, multiplayer worked.
Help!

I just pretty much need help with what is circled in red.

Not sure what to put in as the server ip and to set it up as tcp/udp, tcp, or udp.

I'm so sick of there being no edit function.

Also my ports are correct, the one menu blocks it out, but the starting port is 28030 and the ending port is 28032.

No no, If you read my guide you'd know it was ports 28000 to 28030. (The second one can be 28032 but lets not confuse everyone now).

You also want TCP/UDP.

Finally, the server IP is the one you get from Step 4/5 of my guide. Whichever the one is about finding your own lan IP. If you know how to use stuff, just go Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig and look at your IP. Should be 192.168.0.X or 192.168.1.X

Okay, I need help. We switched to Comcast when we moved, and now I need to re-forward my ports for blockland. But when i enter "192.168.1.102" into the address bar it never takes me to that password page thing, it just says it cant access that page.

Er, No modify button. I meant 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.1.102

Er, No modify button. I meant 192.168.1.1 not 192.168.1.102

Thats probably not your router IP then. Go to your network connection in the bottom right, right click it and press Status. Then click the support tab. Then try to get to the IP listed as your default gateway.

need to test :cookieMonster:
When you open a server, open the console using the ` button above Tab. Then type this into it:
Code: [Select]
canvas.pushDialog(JoinServerGui);And press enter. Then you can see if your server is dead or not.

No no, If you read my guide you'd know it was ports 28000 to 28030. (The second one can be 28032 but lets not confuse everyone now).

You also want TCP/UDP.

Finally, the server IP is the one you get from Step 4/5 of my guide. Whichever the one is about finding your own lan IP. If you know how to use stuff, just go Start > Run > cmd > ipconfig and look at your IP. Should be 192.168.0.X or 192.168.1.X

Oh ok, I got it working. Thanks!

192.168.1.1 is my default gateway. A while back, some one said it was my Norton phishing protection thing, but they never told me why.

And does the relevant guide for your router tell you its 192.168.1.1 too?

If you have Norton enabled you should probably disable it before attempting anything outside the scope of "grannies checking their emails".

On the guide yes, it does tell me to enter 192.168.1.1.
I just cant seem to find how to disable my Norton. :/

Does your Router have to be a Lniksys Router? Because mine is.

i forwarded my ports but some one is usin my key if any one uses my key
i kill you!