Author Topic: Zombie! Panic (HL2 mod)  (Read 4509 times)

First, it's free but you need HL2. For those of you who can't wait for Left4Dead, try this out. Here is the site description:
Everyone joins a server, in the beginning you can either choose to join the human team or you can volunteer to be the first zombie. If no one volunteers the game will pick one human randomly and the game begins. The starter zombie's goal is to, of course kill the humans while the human goal is to stay alive as long as possible, complete objectives, or even wipe out all the zombies. The catch is that when a human is slayed he will simply join the ranks of the undead, now ready to finish off his old living teammates.
   The humans can't tell by the player list who's alive and who's not, eventually there will only be one survivor still standing if all goes wrong, facing all the zombies which use to be allies, with his back to a wall. The zombies only have a certain number of reinforcements (lives), when a zombie is killed they lose 1 life from the counter. However, when a human is killed they gain 1 life. If the zombies only have 1 respawn left the humans can win the round by killing off the remaining undead left on the map.

http://www.zombiepanic.org/site/index.php

Some servers have classes of zombies and humans.
For example, leaper zombies have the ability to..., yes, leap.
Humans may have a medic class.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 04:03:05 PM by Thirsty »

Now I want HL2. :(

All these mods are for HL2 and not HL2DM. :(

I has Hl2 but sadly,
I NEED COUNTER STRIKE

So basically, it's Zombie Survival for Half Life 2, instead of HL2:DM.

Downloading. :D

I played this with Rotondo a few months ago. It sucked. :)

I played it. And I have to say, I prefer zombie survival much more. It lacks the ability to barricade yourself in a small room with only a bar holding the door. : /

I played it. And I have to say, I prefer zombie survival much more. It lacks the ability to barricade yourself in a small room with only a bar holding the door. : /
I agree. And this one is VERY flawed and off-balance.

Did you play it for more than five seconds?

There are no classes for humans, only zombies. The first zombie is a carrier who has more hp, is faster and can infect (they turn into a zombie after a certain amount of time) You can barricade pretty easily, as long as you move the sofas/chairs/tables with rmc when your weapon is holstered.

How is it flawed? It's not that off-balanced as long as you stay in a team. Just pick up a decent gun and stick with a couple of guys at the top of the leader-board and you'll be sailing.

If you're a zombie use stealth or you're dead, cause just running in and trying to kill everyone just uses up lives. Hide behind something, sprint to them and you'll find they fall quicker.

You guys obviously don't know a good mod when you see it.

This is a brilliant mod, and you CAN barricade yourself in, you just need to take more than 3 seconds and experiment with the controls.

I prefer Zombie Master. :|

There are class mods for this by the way. Also, the mod is flawed a little bit at times, but I still love it. It is a bit annoying when, somebody decides to run off with all the ammo and die because they are weighed down by the extra stuff they don't need. Overall, it's good and it's free.