Author Topic: I have dual-booted Ubuntu and Vista  (Read 2617 times)

A little while ago, I got ubuntu. Oh, from the second I started to use it, I loved it. Why go back to XP or vista, when I can have this. Ubuntu will be my main oporating system forever. Sadily, I just installed ubuntu on my brother's computer, and he was not so happy about it. especially when he returned home and discovered that I had gotten rid of vista and everything on his computer (THEY SHOULD WARN YOU!).

So, I have finally gotten around to dual booting on his computer. Also, the screen save "weave" (or something like that, Ubuntu 7.14), is crashing the screensaver window and everytime I leave the computer for ten minutes. Anyone know how to fix?

That sound scary, buy a Mac, right clicking is for nerds with big weird eyebrows... or is that hypnosis?

That sound scary, buy a Mac, right clicking is for nerds with big weird eyebrows... or is that hypnosis?

Why a mac?

As far as I can tell, by watching other use macs, they're laggy, crashing, non-user friendly OSs.

Windows never crashes. However, you should have seen my friend (on a mac)using the little webcam, it crashed like every five seconds. He had to restart twice in three hours, on a laptop that's less then one year old.

Also, Ubuntu never gets viruses, it's updated a lot, and it's free. beat that mac and windows.

I mean, of all the macs I've seen, I've yet to see one with a different taskbar.

I'll stick to ubuntu, and my back up will be vista. I've used vista. The security's a pain in the ass
*renames file*
"WINDOWS would like to know if you would like to open up the following program: FOLDER DEFENDER"
*yes*
"Would you like to change this name from "Horse research" to "Wedding pictures"?
*Yes*

It's annoying, but I heard that windows if fixing it, so meh.

Also, apple is keeping a monopoly on the Mac OS. With windows at least they're spreading their wealth.

I was j/k about Mac's
Supposed to reference Fry from Futurama the episode where there's time skips and Leela asks how he got him to marry him after a timeskip

A little while ago, I got ubuntu. Oh, from the second I started to use it, I loved it. Why go back to XP or vista, when I can have this. Ubuntu will be my main oporating system forever. Sadily, I just installed ubuntu on my brother's computer, and he was not so happy about it. especially when he returned home and discovered that I had gotten rid of vista and everything on his computer (THEY SHOULD WARN YOU!).

So, I have finally gotten around to dual booting on his computer. Also, the screen save "weave" (or something like that, Ubuntu 7.14), is crashing the screensaver window and everytime I leave the computer for ten minutes. Anyone know how to fix?

First, they do warn you. If you are installing ubuntu, then you should be smart enough to know what the word "FORMAT" MEANS.. I mean wtf, use common sense.

Second, you just change your screensaver to something else I guess. I never have had the problem so I don't really know though.

I just need help with wireless internet on ubuntu or else I refuse to install it

some of the ubuntu screen savers lag me really bad

but im using the 3d awesome fireworks one :D

"Would you like to change this name from "Horse research" to "Wedding pictures"?
*Yes*

hay guyz cum see my wedding pictuarz.

Dual booting Ubuntu / XP for almost a year, now, I think.  I go through phases of using it.  If my Zune worked on it I'd probably be on it a lot more, though.

some of the ubuntu screen savers lag me really bad

but im using the 3d awesome fireworks one :D

Get the proper driver?

used sum experimental nvidia one

Anyone who has problems with ubuntu should use kubuntu instead I like KDE better, Don't get KDE 4. KDE = filesystem, Ubuntu uses Gnome.

I like fluxbox, it's a little difficult at first, but after it is setup correctly, it's fun :D