Asus Eee PC

Author Topic: Asus Eee PC  (Read 4547 times)

A really cool laptop I'm going to get. Even though the screens pretty small, its really nice. Only weighs 2 or so pounds, and only costs around $400. You can get it with either Linux or Windows, but I got mine with Windows on it. I'm still waiting for it to ship. Has 512 MB of RAM, a 900 MHz processor and has a 4 GB Flash hard-drive. You can add another 4 GB of space with the SD card port. Has a built-in webcam, and has Wi-Fi. I'm getting this so I can use it for schoolwork (its small enough to fit in my backpack safely)

What it looks like (I got mine in black)
« Last Edit: June 16, 2008, 12:39:05 AM by Miga »

Oh my...

Where may I acquire one of these laptops?!

It'll cost the same price almost anywhere you go. I just got mine at Best Buy, because I couldn't find one that would cost less with all the features I wanted.

You get one of those for 200€ in finland but you have to get a internet connection whit it :3

There's one in the local computer shop in my town, had a bit of a go on it. Pretty awesome stuff, gets kind of awkward typing on the small keyboard after a while, though. I'd probably buy one if it had a decent hard drive size.

Yeah, I checked it out at Best Buy before I bought it. I'll tell you how it really is, and post pictures of it. And about the hard drive, it is a bit small, but thats why I'm just going to buy a 4 GB SD card for it, so I can have at least 8 GB to do stuff.

Bump, Mine's coming on the 19th, so I'll post up pictures of it.

I'm going to. Along with other games (That actually work with the Eee without the software)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 11:44:24 PM by Miga »

Haha, the house that i'm allowed to play real games in I have a good laptop that can handle hl2 but a new desktop that can't handle UT99.

I would use the laptop to play games on my desktop, which is pretty sad.  :cookieMonster:

Bump, hopefully I'm getting a eee 1000H, the best one out right now.

I already got mine. Runs XP, Takes five seconds to boot up.
Very niiiice!

Oh, and nige:
Don't expect it to run at the actual processor speed it says. It'll probrobly run at 70% of that (Like the Eee PC 2G, 4G and 8G do)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 08:51:24 AM by Miga »

Remember the 1000H is dual core though.

I have one, its black and I put Windows onto it too.

Hmm... Okay, although it's still cheap, the 1000H may be out of my price range. Maybe the 1000 then.