Author Topic: TF2 Pyro update released and free weekend  (Read 6600 times)

Free Weekend Begins Friday on Steam

June 16, 2008 - Valve, creators of award-winning games and leading technologies, today announced a set of new releases for Team Fortress 2, the title named Multiplayer Game of the Year by PC Gamer and Gamespy.com.

The main event of the week is the Pyro Update, which will be made available this Thursday and contains three unlockable new weapons for the Pyro plus 35 new achievements. In addition, two user-created maps are included to highlight the great work being done in the community and distribute those works to all TF2 players..

Meanwhile as folks wait for the Pyro Update to be released, the latest in the "Meet the Team" video shorts, "Meet the Sniper," will be made available tomorrow (Tuesday, June 17) at 11 am PDT along with a web site dedicated to the Pyro update.

Finally, to give everyone a chance to try the new weapons and community maps, Valve will hold another Team Fortress 2 Free Weekend via Steam, a leading online platform for the delivery and management of PC games. The Free Weekend is scheduled to begin this Friday at 11 am PDT.
Main reason I LOVE this is that there are custom maps included and meet the sniper. Pyro sucks for me anyways unless the changes they made are actually good.

Source:
http://www.csnation.net/viewnews.php/9680
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 12:19:05 AM by BlutEngel »

I love free weekends, but I always go to Minnesota then.  I will extract the maps and junk to GMod though.

<3 the pyro class. It's truly awesome.

It says the meet the sniper video should be out now...anyone got a link?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 01:35:19 PM by BlutEngel »

I founded this while on the ICTOC vent.
We have 2 theories-Napalm Launcher or Magma Launcher

Quote from: Sniper
Dad......dad.....put-eyh. Put mom on the phone.

:cookieMonster:
« Last Edit: June 17, 2008, 03:11:58 PM by n0cturni »

I was pausing it right before that frame and I think I saw a clearish blue stream.

Also the bobblehead in the beginning is the civilian from TFC...Maybe they will bring the Civilian gametype back?

Haha he said Boom headshot.

Wasn't as epic as I thought it would be. Pretty cool though. :D

I was pausing it right before that frame and I think I saw a clearish blue stream.

Also the bobblehead in the beginning is the civilian from TFC...Maybe they will bring the Civilian gametype back?
I found it blue, then red.

I found it blue, then red.

it loos loke ome pf tje, o;d goms wjete upi [us the gunpowder in it manually
Snot's post, I found it in the confessions thread.

"it looks like one of the old  guns where you put the gunpowder in it manually"?