Author Topic: The nerve of some people...  (Read 6344 times)

All I ask for was a editor wand, and I get kicked for that! They say, "We're afraid that you'll screw up the server,". WTF?

Here's a friendly tip: unless you have a good reputation or are well-known, people won't give you stuff but a good kick. Make a good build or a useful mod snippet here and people will recognize you.

Yeah, once people get to know you they will be more willing to give you stuff. It just takes a little time. :)

For instance when i go into servers, %99.9 of the time when i ask for a wand/admin they give me it.

This is exactly the reason why on the [Scattered Space] servers we have the Activity sytem instated. Before it was the post system but not many people favored that much which was understandable.

Activity sytem? go on....

All I ask for was a editor wand, and I get kicked for that! They say, "We're afraid that you'll screw up the server,". WTF?

You don't know how many times people start servers and someone comes in and asks for an editor wand, and they stretch out bricks in a building to screw it up.

Get well known you don't have to do that much. Spamming doesn't work unless your as bad as apocalypser all he does is spam. Work on your building skills if your good at nothing else.

be a nice guy to, always be polite and start a build before you ask

start with an amazing yet simple build. then ask them.

I'm probably never going to be well known, as I don't have any modding skills. Maybe I should do something small, e.g. make your arm color the same as your torso, but I dunno how to do that. :/
« Last Edit: December 29, 2005, 02:41:14 PM by Cennoia »

You can change your arm and torso colour in TBM.

All you have to do it post intelligently on the forums, and post a couple good builds in the gallery, then you will easily gain people's respect.

Why would I use TBM? I'm afraid of Badspot and his banning ways... (Well, only his banning ways.)

Why would I use TBM? I'm afraid of Badspot and his banning ways... (Well, only his banning ways.)

Badspot doesn't ban people for using TBM, he bans people from any mod who constantly flame or try to "convert" people to their mod.