Author Topic: I got a beef with some of you  (Read 2818 times)

-
Now c'mon guys, whats up with the extreme hostility toward the new members? and i don't mean all the players with our much higher ID count these days. I mean the minority of them that actually join us in the forums.
I think it would be sweets if the posting community got a lot of fresh people. but for some reason, a person can barely introduce themselves before everyone needs to come in and remind them immensely where their place is around here.
they of course respond with hostility, that's not surprising. and everyone loves to encourage them till they get themselves banned.
I think many of these nooby guys lately wouldn't always end up being the richards you guys make out of them.
-
And there is a lot of "extreme" casual gamers that are finding blockland. by casual, i mean guys that know nothing of computers. just kids that only understood computer games as "run cd then play"
They don't know anything about mods/addons, or can barely understand the file tree of the hard drive.
and some people are nice and explain the same thing for the 100th time to the 100th guy, however some instantly need to slap them with an e-snake and remind them that they don't deserve to game with us.
-
Why do new people have to earn your respect? We are all sick starfishs, but i would guarantee that new people would be very different around here if members were much more welcoming and glad that the community is getting bigger. more helpful, instead of your first words with the guy is telling him he should not be using emotes or multi-posting in your forums. They didn't come here to bow down to you, they came to game with you.
those little "rules" will be learned by joining us in chat, not by an unofficial list that he needs in his introduction thread.

to long didnt read?
I don't like fat chicks, how bout you?

More cushion for the pushin'?

I hate how people treat new people like stuff just the other day beachbum was in my server and he started harassing a noob for no reason at least give them a chance to show how they act.he was kicked from my server

I hate how people treat new people like stuff just the other day beachbum was in my server and he started harassing a noob for no reason at least give them a chance to show how they act.he was kicked from my server
Ah, but you see, Beachbum isn't a nerd like all you's.

Do agree with you Bisjac.

Everyone wants them to act a certain way, thats the problem. It's a age gap.
Would you hang around with a 10 year old in real life when you're lets say 16.
No, conflict of interest.

Where as they are talking about making clans with guns and bad spelling.
Where as you and i would be discussing mature content in which they know little about.

The problem is clearly the age gap. Now why the sudden huge growth in younger kids to blockland! Well it's quite simple. Blockland wasent a well known game before and anyone who knew about it did some searching and where older. The little kids find it on some site now or they're brothers tell them about it and they tell they're friends. Therefore creating the mass flood.

Quite simple really, it's the age gap. All the Oldbies want to keep the game the way it is and not let it be run by children.

I'm not re-reading what i just wrote so if there's spelling errors or sentence formations that are wrong don't shoot me.

Yey, now Bisjac's posting this, now more will listen!

By the way, I still contain that picture of Bisjac that cookie posted.

By the way, I still contain that picture of Bisjac that cookie posted.

You and I both. >:D

i liek 2 spel lik dis llolololo

The only "Young" Members of blockland that aren't immature that i know about is only Me and Bushido.
I don't know if there is somebody else.

Fat chicks be scarys cus tey falls on you yur ded :(

The only "Young" Members of blockland that aren't immature that i know about is only Me and Bushido.
I don't know if there is somebody else.
Jirue isn't bad.

I agree with Bisjac here. We aren't forced to hang out with them, no. If you're 16 and some 10 year old walks up to you, asking where the bathrooms are, do you kick him in the face and walk away, or just tell him?

KICK HIM IN THE FACE!