Author Topic: DF: Succession Fort Mirrortires!  (Read 13324 times)

Dig a hole between the spider and a couple of marksdwarves and bring home some spider meat, or lure it though a cage trap and wait for a beastmaster to come to tame it.

I don't understand how to do this.. I started one fortress, but... well I'm not really sure what happened..

http://www.dwarffortresswiki.net/index.php/Main_Page
Also, this is the mirrortires topic, not the dwarf fortress topic.
The dwarf fortress topic is in the games forum

or lure it though a cage trap and wait for a beastmaster to come to tame it.
This, totally.

Then maybe you could have some dwarves ride it around, oh man if only.

Just be careful not to have it kill any dwarves (otherwise it becomes untamable), it shoots web projectiles so it can easily incapacitate dwarves from a distance and move in for the kill :/

Best bet would be building a whole bunch of wooden cage traps a safe distance away and hope it casually walks into one. Sheezy might not have the man-power to do this during his turn so it could be left to future lords.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 03:35:45 PM by Muffinmix »

Yeah could I get a two year turn so I have enough time to at least get most of the fort started?
I dont even have a masons workshop yet, all I have is a kitchen and a carpenters place.

Does it have any major features like chasms, large bodies of water or lava?
Also, what are the minerals and soils of the area?

Yeah could I get a two year turn so I have enough time to at least get most of the fort started?
I dont even have a masons workshop yet, all I have is a kitchen and a carpenters place.
Nah it's 1 year each, the next one up will just have to try and finish all the preparations.

Ill be 7th
Although Im very worried about loving the fort up the ass ):
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:09:20 PM by Colten »

I shan't take part now, lest I drive the fortress to an early grave, akin to the previous one, which we all endeavoured so hard to keep running.

Why the hell did sheezy use Prospector.

The only things that arnt painfully obvious are the underground water features.
Oh wait, its also obvious there are underground water features
DECEASED:
Snakeman
Snakeman
Snakeman
Olmman
Olmman
Olmman
Lizardman
Lizardman
Giant cave spider (HOLY stuff THERE WAS ANOTHER? stuff I AM LUCKY THAT ONE DIED, JESUS CHRIST THAT WOULD BE HELL TO DEAL WITH)
Giant olm
Cave crocodile
« Last Edit: June 26, 2008, 04:53:35 PM by Sheezy »

You've got to mine to find those, and I've never found them, the elusive little stuffs.

Snakeman
Snakeman
Snakeman

Yup pretty much. Either that or it's an underground lake.

A quick notice, please try and make your turns in a larger post so we don't have to spend time to find them later if we need to.

16th limestone, 1057
We have finished construction of the lava moat, and we are about ready to irrigate the farm area. We have found copper ore near the caldera of the volcano. A dog went beserk and killed a batman. The spider has yet to attack us. We have also established a kitchen, a masons workshop, a mechanics workshop, and a fishery.