Author Topic: ACM City  (Read 9468 times)

This is a project of mine that I've started over a year ago shortly after Blockland went retail. I originally began working on this shortly after my blupo build, and I've been working on and (mostly)off of this for over a year now, casually adding onto it. I've always wanted to fill an entire world(Or in this case, the bedroom.) with nothing but lego builds, and ever since Blockland was able to reasonably sustain tens of thousands of bricks I was finally able to do that. This ultimately still isn't finished, but truth be told, I can't imagine myself wanting to fill the entire floor. I have no desire to continue working on this, and I'm more interested in other projects now. I think this is complete enough as it is.

So here is ACM City. My sole attempt at a generic town/city build. Currently clocked at 16478 bricks. Everything seen here was built by me. As a result everything takes much longer, however it lets me make the town as a whole look more uniform. Rather than one giant build, this can be seen as a collection of smaller builds I've done over the year. Some of the buildings are remakes of ones I've originally mae on other people's servers. All but one have full interior lighting. All but a couple have full interior furnishing. I've tried putting detail into the roads, such as pavements, lampposts, and the odd props. I will say this, half of the buildings in this take heavy influence from official lego sets, such as those that can be found on peeron. Especially the non-prefab doors and windows. There are also a couple of influences from things that other people have made. Due to how early I made this the current average floor hight is base 7, compared to what I prefer now is base 8. Because this is ultimately a generic city build, I'm sure it isn't that amazing anymore. It probably would've been back in early 2007, but now it's more 'been there, done that'.

Because of how many little things there are in this, it would take too many screenshots to show you everything such as interiors. So I'm uploading the current save file for you to to explore yourself. I'm only going to briefly cover the externals of the town in this thread.
http://www.mediafire.com/?njmuqjyg1lp
Extract into your main Blockland directory, and it will do the rest.
Just a note, certain parts of this build use Wedge's Cityscape lights and my own telephone sound pack.

Overview shots of the town.

The following buildings shown in chronological order:
A modern themed office building. Focus was mostly put on the exterior, as the interior is pretty ugly and lacks furnishing.

The reason I made this park was so that I could make use of the music brick while I still thought it was a cool gimmick. Peaceful ambiance can be heard while in the park area. What's evident to how old this is is how the paths and pond are made out of large square plates.

Police department.

ACM City's resident chapel. It's pretty small for how tall it is. I literally left this unfinished for months and built four other buildings in that time because I didn't have any blueprint idea for it, so often I wouldn't know how to continue building it. I'm still not completely satisfied with how it came out.

A couple of generic down town buildings. The yellow one is a clothes store, the blue one is a pub.

The lonely fire department, next to an ACM City standard issue tunnel which leads to that unknown void beyond the bedroom which no one has even seen. Damn those road workers for closing it down!

BLP: Blockland Petrol.

Primary school.

Primary school that violates child safety laws by having basketball hoops that are more than 4 feet high.

A sweet shop across the road, next to another ACM City standard issue 1500megawatt heavy duty super colliding super button tunnel.

"Dammit! When is that bus arriving?!"

And lastly, a bit of DOF screenshot eye candy.

How cool is that?
Very cool :D
The school looks litle like the one from simpsons :D

That's pretty much where it came from because I was being an unoriginal tard and I wanted to fill that 64x64 space with something.

That's pretty much where it came from because I was being an unoriginal tard and I wanted to fill that 64x64 space with something.

I would had turned it into a jail it almost looks like one to just change the color and add bars with worn out stuffty basketball hoops

Good detailed! This was many work, don't you?
Here are cookies: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie: :cookie:

Retail/V9 City anybody? :D

I love it. If you look back at the beta saves, a lot of them really immerse you into the game; this has the same effect, with the "whole world filled with lego builds".

The lonely fire department, next to an ACM City standard issue tunnel which leads to that unknown void beyond the bedroom which no one has even seen. Damn those road workers for closing it down!

Reminds me of the blocked off tunnel on Shoreside Vale in GTA3.

I think we can all agree that this build is V9 worthy.

Wow great city build. It's not terribly fancy but it's nice cause it's not just a bunch of random buildings that are randomly placed every where like most city builds.

That is awsome the buildings look really well thought out.  The fire house reminds me of something off lego island.

This is one of the best builds I have seen in a long time.

This was many work, don't you?

That is my favorite quote of the week.