Author Topic: Nvidia...Being mean, by being nice  (Read 2816 times)

Copy pasted from [h]...

Hexus is reporting that NVIDIA, facing pricing pressure on the heels of the impressive release of AMD/ATI's 4800-series, is cutting prices on the 9800 GTX, GTX 260, and GTX 280 cards. The AIB (board partner) prices will be as follows (all prices are USD):

9800 GTX: $165 ($199)

GTX 260: $222 ($329)

GTX 280: $392 ($499)

I spent more on my 8800 GT and now this?  >:(        Huge price cuts makes RW a dull boy.

It's like a bought a reliable, efficient Toyota for $20, but now Mercedes has now decided to sell their cars for $8.

I suppose it was inevitable...but this is a big change in pricing.

wores for me....paid about $200 for my 9800 GTX about two weeks ago. fock you, nVidia.

<3 149.00 8800 GTS

Also, NVidia lackes marketing people and thus they fail.

I saw some Nvidia cards at best buy that were around 200 dollars.

Instead i picked a great ATI Radeon x1050 card for 80 dollars. Nvidia is overpriced, especially since in comparison it isn't much better than ATI.

8800's a bargain now :3

Still can't get one though :(
Maybe christmas~

Instead i picked a great ATI Radeon x1050 card for 80 dollars. Nvidia is overpriced, especially since in comparison it isn't much better than ATI.

Ha ha. While ATI is certainly the best when it comes to "budget" cards, Nvidia makes some of the best. Chances are, if you bought a GPU in a retail store, you payed too much and the card is likely outdated as sin.

Believe me though, that $200 is probably one generation better than the card you picked up.

Ha ha. While ATI is certainly the best when it comes to "budget" cards, Nvidia makes some of the best. Chances are, if you bought a GPU in a retail store, you payed too much and the card is likely outdated as sin.

Believe me though, that $200 is probably one generation better than the card you picked up.

Well as long as it works, i like it.  :cookieMonster:

QFT

If you are going to go shopping for a graphics card go to a specialty store or go online. Those are your best bets for the biggest variety and good bargains.

2x 8600gt for 100 each last year and now i have to save up for the upcomming 10 series which is most likely going to be announced this year or the next.

LOL. "10 series" wut?

The "10 series" is already out. They renamed it.

The newest (and most powerful) cards on the market are...

Nvidia GTX 280 <3

Nvidia GTX 260

Those are the 10 series you mentioned. I guess 18000 GT just didn't work out for them XD

EDIT: I guess I should probably mention that ATI has recently caught up with (and is receiving mountains of praise for) their 4850 and 4870 cards.

The order of cards from best to least best is....

GTX 280
4870HD
GTX260

Prices vary alot but many consider the ATI 4870 to be a better purchase because it is alot cheaper than the GTX 280 yet has very close performance to it. About damn time ATI provided some competition...Nvidia had the market cornered and prices were much higher before. This new battle is great for consumers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 12:33:35 PM by Reactor Worker »

A Nvidia GTX 280  costs more than my PC. XD

A Nvidia GTX 280  costs more than my PC. XD

Well it isn't your grandma's graphics card. It is THE BEST card out there right now. If you get the OC version it is $600.

Generally with gaming PCs, half or more of the budget is spent on the GPU. That is unless your one of many fools who thinks a $300 raptor HDD is going to make his gaming experience that much better.

Its always funny when you read about someone who has put together this great PC build filled with some of the latest parts...and then reveals that he plans to play it on his 15.4" monitor. XD

And then you get the bigshots who invest $10,000+ in their rigs. Usually involves expensive surround sound speakers, large HD TV and a variety of gaming accessories. And then the guy does something stupid like post a video of his awesome rig while his son plays a rather dull game like need for speed 4.

Then there is Maxishine...