How do you usualy build

I start with a rough concept or mini-model and let it evolve from there
map it out almost exactly in my head, then build
Just build and see what it comes out to be
thinking up minor details, and then the main build
base it off things I see in real life
Design it with DM in mind
Other

Author Topic: Your personal building style?  (Read 1516 times)

I wanted to see how other people thought up their builds, if you select other please state how you like to build, in your post.

I like contemporary/modern style. Alot of ramps, etc.

Ramps, my key to fine details.

I didn't really mean what sort of style you use, as much as how you dream up concepts.

Usually when I build I set up the main layout first then fill in all the details.

I just build and see what it comes out to be. If it looks bad I redo it. If it looks good I keep going.

I like to always have a rough concept in my mind. I usually use like pictures from the internet or books to help me get a building's art correct.

Build a framework first, get the basics in first then flesh out the details.

I build it from one side to the other, or I go by rows.
Either way if it doesn't come out good I don't keep it.

build the shell, make it work with the type of build. then if I feal like it, make it fancy.

I just build and see what it comes out to be. If it looks bad I redo it. If it looks good I keep going.

I usually don't make a framework, instead working from one point to another, filling in every last thing.

When I do terrain, I usually spend quite a while revising it.

I map it out in my head, then try to build it exactly how I see it, then after I've got the basic concept I just see what happens after that, I always have to have something to start me.

Normally I get overly bored in a maths lesson and thanks to grid paper, i sometimes draw up a plan of my next build. I might send a picure of one of my plans. I had a foler somewhere?

Most times, I build in slate maps.