Author Topic: Can't choose between 360 & PS3  (Read 3261 times)

It's funny how when I was buying my 360, the cashier was like "Damn, I wish I got a 360." I looked at him and he said: "I got a PS3, and I regret it."

I'd recommend getting a 360, for the better games. A console is about the games, that's you you want a console right? Remember, the wireless adapter is optional, you can either move the console closer to the ethernet port, or a really long cable But you obviously won't do that >.>. And the monthly fee is only $5. Cheaper in the long run? The PS3 is like $100 more than the 360. That means after 20 months, the PS3 would be the better choice financially.

Now that Jsk has straightened out the topic meaning, I recommend the 360 as well, I've had mine since 2 Christmases ago and I haven't had a single problem with it yet. One thing I like about it is if a game is so scratched that it poses a problem mid game, rather than just freezing up with no clear reason, it comes up and tells you and lets you shut down the system, I don't know if the PS3 does that but that's one thing I like about the 360.

Did you click on the gamespot link I showed earlier?
Also you made no sense when you started talking about wireless adapter part.

The router is on one side of the house. My room is at the other side.
My room has no ethernet port so I would have to get a really long cable or wireless.

Xbox 360 $300
Wireless Adapter $100
Year of live-$40
Games-$60
Total: I want around 4 games for 360 if I got it. That would be $680

PS3 $400
Lifetime of online- $0
Games-$0
Total $400

Now that Jsk has straightened out the topic meaning, I recommend the 360 as well, I've had mine since 2 Christmases ago and I haven't had a single problem with it yet. One thing I like about it is if a game is so scratched that it poses a problem mid game, rather than just freezing up with no clear reason, it comes up and tells you and lets you shut down the system, I don't know if the PS3 does that but that's one thing I like about the 360.
I don't scratch discs because I'm not a noob with things.
What do you think is the topic meaning?

Xbox 360 $300
Wireless Adapter $100
Year of live-$40
Games-$60
Total: I want around 4 games for 360 if I got it. That would be $680

PS3 $400
Lifetime of online- $0
Games-$0
Total $400
My bad, prices are different in Canada. No games for PS3?

I never said no games.

I just am hinting at that games' cost is basically $0 for me.

If you want Halo 3, get the 360, otherwise nearly every other major hit is on PS3 as well, and you have a web browser and Blu Ray player, which in my opinion is a great deal.  If you want a large and well structured community for online games, go with 360.

Why is it basically $0? Are you saying you already have PS3 games? If so then obviously the PS3 would be a better choice.

I don't see how the fact that not anyone you know has a PS3 will effect you in anyway, unless you want to play multiplayer, just go to their house or something, it'd be more fun like that anyway. No need to conform to getting a 360 just because everyone else does.

Halo 3...no.

There is Fable 2 though. It would be fun to play with friends.
Once again, the games is all good, but it's really the whole fact that I know a lot of people on 360 but like none on ps3.

I just need more pros and cons to see which does the balance shift to.

Why is it basically $0? Are you saying you already have PS3 games? If so then obviously the PS3 would be a better choice.

I don't see how the fact that not anyone you know has a PS3 will effect you in anyway, unless you want to play multiplayer, just go to their house or something, it'd be more fun like that anyway. No need to conform to getting a 360 just because everyone else does.

Basically $0. Wtf at you. Piracy.

By friends, I am really meaning people I know online that are friends.

You can be banned for piracy, don't try it.  Content is the same price.

You can pirate console games? Meh I don't know anything about consoles, why can't you do the same for 360 then, can't play online with pirated I guess?

How'd you get a blank, writable Blu-Ray?

Your assuming people want the online play when your tallying up the comparative prices of the 360 and the PS3.

Also, don't forget that you don't need the $100 wireless adapter, you can plug the console directly into an Ethernet port using the included cable. Saying that games for the PS3 are "$0" is also a load of crap. Sure, maybe you can pirate them, but were talking about the average, law abiding citizen here.

As for the online services, I believe you truly get what you pay for. From the PS3 you get second life, from the Xbox360 you get a well developed, reliable game matchup system with plenty of depth and a large selection of players.

I love how PS3 fanboys always tote all these rather useless features on their console like a media card reader or built in this or that, and how 360 owners have to pay extra for them. Well, I applaud MS for making those things optional, not all of us need, nor wish to pay extra for Blueray playback or any other feature.

PS3 seems to be doing a good job at being anything but a games console. The lack of compelling exclusives also weakens it's allure.

If I had to choose I would go with an xbox-- more games and more people I know have one. Also, there are some great xbox live titles I would like to get.

Also, Xbox has a good online system. Admittedly, the Wii's is stuff. NOW ENTER 56 FRIEND CODES AND WAIT 40 MINUTES FOR THEM TO REGISTER.(although it is getting better, its still frustrating)

I don't know much about PS3's networking but I hear that its more of a digital community than a online service :/

Playstation 3, mainly because of free online play, Liquid, Packer and I have it and because of LittleBigPlanet.

Just get Fable 2 for the PC when it comes out.

The only things you need to buy for the PS3, that I know of, are the console itself and some games. If you have a good HDTV with an HDMI cable, then you're set for a good few years.

No one mentions that PS3 has a loving horrible controller : ' (