Author Topic: I'm an starfish.  (Read 3153 times)

It's become pretty apparent that I'm an starfish. I've figured I needed to post something.

It's gotten to the point where I'm such an starfish I don't realize that I'm trying to be an starfish. Sometimes I'm just being serious in a very uncomfortable way, possibly to the point of being offensive. Other times, I'm poking at people's soft spots to make them squirm. And then there's the times where I go out of my way to piss people off in pure sport. It's important to know that I do not hate. In order to get me to hate you, you need to piss me off to an extent which is almost incomprehensible. People like Trader, Ronin, and others who have broken my heart are not my 'enemies', they are merely people who dislike myself, not the other way around.

Today it became very apparent that I was an starfish. My friend and I do exploits on occasion, for fun. We do stupid stuff to get stupid stuff. Apparently he had just gotten his grimy hands on a large forum database with nothing but usernames, MD5s, and Emails. Using this, he gained access to a Neopets account that had existed (and been played on) for years. It was loaded with millions of Neopoints and had extravagant Neopets on it. I want to make it clear that I do not play neopets. I sometimes do dailies and check on my stocks, but that's the extent of my play there.

This account had been the pride and joy of some sophisticate. She had a well typed note on his page explaining that she was on vacation. She put so much time into a pretty good-bye note it really made me realize how much she loved her Neopets account. However, I saw it on her page: A Mutant Draik. For those who aren't Neocigarettes like myself, a Draik can cost 7,000,000NP to get. A mutant one would cost millions more. This is at LEAST a year of hard work for most people. However, I wanted it.

I told my friend that I desired the Draik. He refused at first, he actually knew the person who was being stripped of value. He said that she was a nice person and really didn't deserve it. These were the lines that I told him.
Him says:
I know her

Him says:
shes really nice

Me says:
Bad things happen to good people.

Me says:
There's no god, there is no karma.

Me says:
Everything happens systematically.

Me says:
And, as far as systems go

Me says:
We find accounts

Me says:
We get into them

Me says:
We rob them.

Me says:
Or, in this case, you.

Now, I did this knowing full well that there was a vast amount of time spent to accumulate this wealth. And she wasn't the first. We have had access to a multitude of other people, the best being scored by myself. It was a 30 year old webmaster who had over 10million in pure Neopoints and millions more in items and very nice pets.

I once justified my actions to that of a real life character; The house-hold burglar. Most people who bulgar are really down on their luck and need money for food and cocaine. However, I realize now that that's bullstuff in comparison to me. I don't need Neopets. I don't even play it. I just do this for fun. Kicks and giggles. The only thing that could make this better for me now is to see their reactions when they get on their accounts and see that everything that they've worked for in the last 8 years is suddenly gone.

That, my friends, is why I am an starfish.

yeah your pretty much right :D

so you dont play neopets but you wanted a neopet?

technically you play it

Surprisingly, I read all of that.

tldr version plex.

tldr version plex.
Tl:dr his friend (Via hackz) got an account user name and password for neopet's, Found rare, expensive item, wanted item (even though he does not play neopets very often) got item? looked back at this today and realized..
I am an starfish.

you can try and be mean, but u fail and make me lol. :D

Two things,
1. shut up Feep.

2. Does it make me an ass if I thought it would be funny to do this but some how give some money to make the time for her to get a new one back shorter?

On another note, screwing with people is fun for the most part.

Give her some kind of compensation.

Iban you are so damn cool

Even though I usually frown upon those who spend their life on material things, such as Neopets, Runescape, or Word of Warcraft, after reading the story, I feel bad for people like this.

I was in New York and met this 30-year old man. He was overweight, and working in that famous Toy Store in NYC, FAO Scwartz. He had his Nintendo DS strapped upon his wrist, with a purple case. He was filled with acne, and a Pokemon T-shirt. My friends, who were also there, were making fun of him, as he was pouting in some little-kid type way. I later found out that this man had his game exploited and he lost all his Pokemon, money, etc, over a hack in the DS's WiFi. We talked to him and learned that he had like two years invested in this game, and that it was his life. He was a nice guy, and you can't really get that good of a life working in a toy store, he probably spent a few months of hard work for that game and the expensive accessories he had.

I've also had my house robbed before, and known friends who have walked into people being robbed and have been held gunpoint while their own personal belongings are grasped from their hands. Imagine that feeling, and the work you spent, time you've acquired and based just to support a family, buying expensive material things, and watching some men (or women?) you don't know packing it all into a bag. How the forget would you feel if that were you?

To IBanZ:
What the forget? Reading this makes me notice, even though I never met you, makes me not want to meet you, but I want to know one more answer: did you ever have the heart to take this Neopet in a horrible manner?

Whoever were to take someone elses pride and joy, whatever the loving hell it is, is an starfish in my mind. They should all burn in hell.

Double postage.

2. Does it make me an ass if I thought it would be funny to do this but some how give some money to make the time for her to get a new one back shorter?

It does.

I must agree with something but I lack the personal experiences he has gone through.

Try to think ahead of yourself, anything you do will undoubtedly have consequences good AND bad to it. Just choose your actions in a way to have consequences you think will be favorable, which in this case is what will not make you seem like an ass.

This is the basic law of the universal preservation of balance, in that any action undoubtedly brings a set of good and bad consequences, whether you realize what they are or not. Just keep in mind that "Good" and "Bad" Actions don't really mean anything, as they will both bring "good" and "bad" Consequences on their own.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2008, 08:21:31 PM by Muffinmix »