Author Topic: Doors in v9  (Read 20584 times)

AIM door sound...whoopee...

the rocket has a larger radius.

In v9, projectiles, explosions, damage, and damage radii are based on player scale.  In the video, I was scaled to 2x, making everything double.

Resident douchebag strikes again!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:04:37 PM by Trader »

Fear not trader, you beat me to that title the day you stepped foot on the forum.

I didn't ask you to come here and complain about sounds you don't like, and I don't follow you around on the forum trying to harass you.

You acted like a douchebag, and I've observed that you act that way pretty frequently.

If this sounds like a complaint which requires bullying, then you really need to go back to kindergarten and learn some manners. Any artist will tell you; if you can't take constructive criticism, you're in the wrong business. You never posted anything regarding what not to comment on, so my post was fair game.

Note: I never have been banned for being a troll, and I seem to remember you being banned for something much similar to trolling. Interesting, eh?

Well, the AIM door sounds are very appropriate for several of the Door types.  The Door pictured in the video is one such type.  Therefore, constructive criticism of the sound is not possible.  Also, the sarcastic manner in which you delivered your "constructive criticism" negates any shielding from reproach you might have had.

I was banned for calling someone's mother a whore, and I'd do it again.

wow in about 3 days this topic gets about 95 posts o.o

For the record: I agree, the sounds could be better.

Jesus Christ, heres a better sound for all the people who hate the origional AIM one...

For the record, I disagree.  Doors that should be unique (i.e. the Garage Door), will have unique sounds.  However, Doors like the Front Door and the Wooden Door that go well with the AIM sounds will have the AIM sounds.  You can of course make your own Doors with whatever sounds you like, and I suppose you could hax my code to make the Doors with AIM sounds play other sounds.  But, for all intents and purposes, JVS Doors as an Add-On will be the way I want it.  Sure, people have made suggestions that I like or agree with, and so I have chosen to incorporate those suggestions.  But, the sounds issue has been brought up before, and it's no longer up for discussion.  Surely there's another facet of Doors you that can draw your attention.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 02:00:38 PM by Trader »

Jesus Christ, heres a better sound for all the people who hate the origional AIM one...

In no way is that a better sound.  It sounds like someone's trying to open a door and it's locked.  Let's end the discussion on this, as I'm quite happy with the sounds and that's what matters.

I'd have to agree with Ronin - Its such a basic sound lacking any depth.

I'd have to agree with Ronin - Its such a basic sound lacking any depth.

Lol, what does that even mean?  I don't care who agrees with whom.  Make your own damn Door types and you can choose sounds as deep as you want.

I like the aim sounds.
Wait, AIM, as-in AOL Instant Messaging? loving AOL.