Author Topic: Wrench Events!  (Read 2472 times)

I was hosting my server, and suddenly 200 people start coming in and making plates that kill your or turn you into a horse when you step on them, and there were so many it made my screen freeze! It made a trail of my mouse and whatever else I did, so I had to restart Blockland........

Badspot V9 is an awesome update but couldn't you have left wrench events as an add on instead of built in.. New stuff like that ALWAYS has major glitches like what happened.

Well glad I could tell that to people who probably don't care and will start telling me to **** off. Have a cookie  :cookie:

I was hosting my server, and suddenly 200 people start coming in and making Giant red buildings made of 1x1 bricks that they spawned lights out of, and there were so many it made my screen freeze! It made a trail of my mouse and whatever else I did, so I had to restart Blockland........

Badspot V1 is an awesome update but couldn't you have left building as an add on instead of built in.. New stuff like that ALWAYS has major glitches like what happened.

Well glad I could tell that to people who probably don't care and will start telling me to **** off. Have a cookie  :cookie:

but couldn't you have left wrench events as an add on instead of built in.
Hell no, the old ones suck compared to these ones.

There should be an option to limit wrench events to players, admins and super admins.

I was hosting my server, and suddenly 200 people start coming in and making Giant red buildings made of 1x1 bricks that they spawned lights out of, and there were so many it made my screen freeze! It made a trail of my mouse and whatever else I did, so I had to restart Blockland........

Badspot V1 is an awesome update but couldn't you have left building as an add on instead of built in.. New stuff like that ALWAYS has major glitches like what happened.

Why did you repost my post, that's known as spam.

There should be an option to limit wrench events to players, admins and super admins.

I agree, there should be.

Admin and trusted people only wrench?

I was hosting my server, and suddenly 200 people start coming in and making plates that kill your or turn you into a horse when you step on them, and there were so many it made my screen freeze! It made a trail of my mouse and whatever else I did, so I had to restart Blockland........

Badspot V9 is an awesome update but couldn't you have left wrench events as an add on instead of built in.. New stuff like that ALWAYS has major glitches like what happened.

I feel your pain, but here's a protip for you:

Part of being a good host is being fast, and used to banning, so that you can react quickly and prevent major spam situations. If someone's suspected of being a spammer, kick him. If you know a person's spamming, ban them. Even if they're leaving spawns around the zone after you tell them to stop, ban them for AT LEAST one minute.

Another useful habit to use before saving is clearing anonymous bricks. Just scan the clear-bricks menu for random people with a brick or two. Make sure you clear the bricks of anyone you don't know/trust.

This has been a hosting tip from Ghoul. Have a nice day!

tails kicks and perma bans :D

I copypasta'd my banlist after v9 installed :D

Why did you repost my post, that's known as spam.

I agree, there should be.

WEll, I don't know, maby you should READ IT! You know, I might have changed it a lot, to make fun of him? Nub.

It's just too bad some people are still figureing out how to kill people with a 1x1 brick. i've already moved on to lighting torches with a switch.

I moved onto..

uhh..what else do i need to learn..

Badspot

• Administrator

This actually has nothing to do with having too many events or objects - it happens when your control object is deleted.  I would be very interested to know how this was accomplished.  If it ever happens again, save the bricks and send it to me. 

only problem if your the host and you crash you cant save.