Author Topic: Player Types: Health and Shield Modes  (Read 16703 times)

Great! Now all we need is an "Aggresive" mode that doubles damage delt but doubles damage taken.
  :cookieMonster:  :cookieMonster:  :cookieMonster:
It could be done.. easily. However, since I'm currently in a fued with my motherdearest (missing A/C adapter) I can only plan this.

two :cookie: for you i like it

Wow, I can't believe nobody noticed such an obvious flaw. Iban made it so that you don't get damaged as long as you have some energy. But, he didn't take into equation that the damage might be greater than the energy left instead of equal to it. Therefore, if you have even the slightest bit of energy you can survive a direct hit from a rocket launcher or even a tank shell. I'm not sure why he coded it the way he did but it's backwards. I suggest he take a hint from the v8 shielded player types.

[edit] he fixed it.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2008, 07:21:13 PM by tommybricksetti »

Um, no...?

This is in the file:
Code: [Select]
if(%damage >= %curEnergy)
{
%obj.setEnergyLevel(0);
%damage -= %curEnergy;
}
else
{
%obj.setEnergyLevel(%curEnergy - %damage);
%damage = 0;
}
If the damage is greater than your current energy, then set you to no energy and damage you by (original weapon damage - amount of shield you had) - so you'll get damaged by the rockets/shells, and the shield absorbs some damage.

Good! I really need player type with health bar!

urm does it have a not jet setting

ZOMG! -EPIC-WIN-
GREAT FOR MINI GAMES!

Can u see the sheilds??? if u cant no download

The 'shield' uses your Jet Fuel bar as a display of its energy and emits a "Zap" instead of the normal OUCH effects when you are hurt. Is this what you mean?

what do you say to make them work?

If you've installed them correctly and enabled them in the Add-Ons menu, they should appear as a player type when creating a minigame.

Very Nice.

One thing I noticed while using this was that when fall damage is activated, if you fall from a high place, say the high shelf in the bedroom, and hit ground you do not die but lose all health in the health bar.
Is there a way to change the script up so that you will die from fall damage like regularly (instant death from falling from a high position)?