Author Topic: Player Types: Health and Shield Modes  (Read 16705 times)

This is a quick but effective project I whipped up. The add-on adds two pseudo-classes to the spectrum of player types. One is "Health" and the other is "Shielded."

Both types have a stamina bar displayed. However, both use it for different reasons. The "Health" players display a regenerating HP bar, which reduces on damage. Once the bar is null, any further damage is fatal.

On the other hand, the "Shielded" characters have a lump some of HP twice that of the Health character. This is divided between a Shield and their Health. The shield will regenerate (and is displayed by the stamina GUI), but the HP will not. Furthermore, the Shielded characters will display a different effect than a "Health" or regular player-type would. When a shield gets damaged to a certain extent, they will display lightning effects instead of regular pain, to show the enemies that they've only began to scratch the surface of the target.

Here's a display of the Stamina bar lingering around.

This is the Shield-Damage effect.

I should mention that this mod is completely open ended. I have provided some basic prototypes, but you can turn this into anything you want. If you have any questions concerning modding this, don't hesitate to pop me a PM.

Here's fundamental  to-know about modding this. The only factors that determine if they are Health/Shielded are two variables.
The "isHealthPlayer" determines if the damage is detoured through the player's energy before hitting its actual health. While the "isShieldedPlayer" basically only decided if the electrical discharge is given after the shield is damaged.

Download
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 01:50:01 PM by IbanZ »

Does the health bar reduce on a player burn?

Does the health bar reduce on a player burn?
I'd hope so. It deducts the health based on ::damage. I will investigate that now.

its a cool concept. i might DL  later.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 02:05:21 PM by z0mb3 »

BurnPlayer doesn't even seem to do any damage. It just turns you black.

Oh, I thought it did. Well thanks for testing. You got my download Iban.

Oh, I thought it did. Well thanks for testing. You got my download Iban.
I love you, too.

This is awesome, I cannot see why you would not download this.
 :cookie: x4

is this like halo? where your health regenerates and there's those shield pickups where it adds a layer to the health?