Author Topic: Stuff you learned from video games  (Read 7727 times)

I learned the prefix bio in Metroid Fusion, and that poeple explode into gory bits when shot.

Ive learned a lot of words from games. Like runescape I learned names of minerals, and what smelting means. Probably more but I can't think of anything more.

When i was 2, i learned how to basically type and use the mouse from a sesame street game  :D

I learned that hammers can indeed be larger than midgets from Rakion.
I learned that playing for numbers rather than fun became easily boring from FlyFF. Which, I stopped playing for fun when my very close friend quit, and the only thing I had left to play for was leveling. forget. stuff. Damn. Bitching hoe. roostersucking mother loving bastard. Ah, good times.
I learned that 'fantasy life' MMOs can cause great drama from Mabinogi. There was a time I actually couldn't goto Tir Chonaill without stuff happening, infact while waiting at Ciar Dungeon entrance, I had to send my friend to get stuff for me because I didn't want to hear anything.
I learned that little kids in online games take things a little too serious.
I learned that WoW is boring within weeks.
I learned that games where you actually have to think are fun from Guild Wars.
I learned that I'm a crappy commander from the Command and Conquer series, but it's still pretty damn fun.

I learned from Blockland that people suck.

I learned that hammers can indeed be larger than midgets from Rakion.
I learned that playing for numbers rather than fun became easily boring from FlyFF. Which, I stopped playing for fun when my very close friend quit, and the only thing I had left to play for was leveling. forget. stuff. Damn. Bitching hoe. roostersucking mother loving bastard. Ah, good times.
I learned that 'fantasy life' MMOs can cause great drama from Mabinogi. There was a time I actually couldn't goto Tir Chonaill without stuff happening, infact while waiting at Ciar Dungeon entrance, I had to send my friend to get stuff for me because I didn't want to hear anything.
I learned that little kids in online games take things a little too serious.
I learned that WoW is boring within weeks.
I learned that games where you actually have to think are fun from Guild Wars.
I learned that I'm a crappy commander from the Command and Conquer series, but it's still pretty damn fun.
GW is fun.

Indeed it is. But I don't feel like installing it till I get one of the other ones. I've been playing Prophecies since like, maybe a month or two or less after it came out.

I've learned how to torment and harass people from the Sims.
I've learned how to reroute main power to the shield emitters from Star Trek Legacy.
I've learned that no matter the obstacle, tossing some hapless object can usually remove it from KOTOR
I've learned that no matter how far you've traveled, the landscape is always the same from Mario.
I've learned that even a demonic talking skull has feelings too from Curse of Monkey Island.

In b4 I learned the caek is a lai

I learned to type from blockland.
I learned to drive from mario kart wii(jk)
I learned what phazon is from metroid prime
I learned that no boss is impossible no matter how impossible it may seem from lugi's mansion(first time fighting bowser was loving hard)
I learned that force repulse is great for clearing an area from the force unleashed

I learned how to breathe from this forum. It's so nice here.

I learned what red stoplights mean...and now I'm not getting hit by cars  :cookieMonster:

JK if you think im serious.

I learned what red stoplights mean...and now I'm not getting hit by cars  :cookieMonster:

No way! :O

<snip>
Same, but I'm awesome at it.