Author Topic: Well we're all forgeted  (Read 4821 times)

No, it won't happen. Russia doesn't control nearly enough of our oil supply to raise prices. We get most of our petrol from the Middle East.

Oh and the news is mostly full of stuff.

But they did control enough to raise them, though that's not the problem I was angry at. I was angry at why the congress won't allow us to drill in Alaska. Sure, sure, we need to find alternatives to our fuel, that's a given. But before we can do that we need to break our dependency to the Middle East.

Of course none of that is going to happen if our government is ran on political views rather than what's intelligent.

There might probably be a ecological reason why they won't let you americans drill in alaska.
Alaska is too pretty to be drilled and look like god went to Mcdonalds/wendy's and took a stuff on it.

Economical Shmeconomical.

Look at that. It's beautiful. :D

Besides, if we don't drill in Alaska, then we'll be the Middle East's bitch for a very long time. Think about it, we try to develop a new type of fuel (this has happened before) and the Middle East snaps their fingers and BOOM it's back down to 2 bucks or less again, and then American's won't buy the new fuel, and then when that new fuel is too expensive and out of bussiness, the Middle East raises the prices again, and we're back to square 1.

Drilling in Alaska would destroy the ecosystem up there.  Too tired right now to fully explain stuff.  Just would be harmful.

Russia isn't a member of OPEC, so they can't truly destroy the market. But they can try and dent it.

Just stop at a local McDonalds every other day, get their used cooking oil, set up one of those filter thingeys in your garage, and there you go! :D

free gas.  forgets your mileage a bit but your mile per dollar rating goes up fast amirite?  Also finally McDonalds can say "We're helping America."

Oh and the country's name was Georgia. A small democracy that is bordered to the north by the Russian Federation, to the east by Azerbaijan, to the west across the Black Sea by Ukraine, to the south by Armenia and to the southwest by Turkey.

Apparently Russia is making us choose sides, them or Georgia. Cold War II anybody!? :D

Russia can go forget itself. 

FYI, biodiesel will not be a viable source of energy. It will increase food prices. Azerbaijan also supposedly broke away. It is not another entity, it is part of the country! Also, there was another thread on this.

I just assume everything here is fake unless I see a link

FYI, biodiesel will not be a viable source of energy. It will increase food prices.

The Department of Energy is working on extracting algae from oil, so we won't have to fiddle around with corn oil and soybean oil. Unless you happen to eat algae. If we could isolate a culture that produced a lot of oil and didn't mind high salinity, we could produce oil simultaneously with salt on salt evaporation fields.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 06:34:52 PM by Wedge »

FYI, biodiesel will not be a viable source of energy. It will increase food prices.
Also it pollutes like almighty forget.

Calculations say it produces up to ~1.5x the amount of green house gas emissions regular diesel produces. It's marketed as a "green" fuel but there isn't much green about it, it isn't even the color green.

It's from a plant. The pollution it produces comes from the CO2 it absorbs.

The Department of Energy is working on extracting algae from oil, so we won't have to fiddle around with corn oil and soybean oil. Unless you happen to eat algae. If we could isolate a culture that produced a lot of oil and didn't mind high salinity, we could produce oil simultaneously with salt on salt evaporation fields.

I wasn't talking about algae, just FYI.