Author Topic: STOP BADMOUTHING VISTA!  (Read 7127 times)

I am sick of "Oh, VISTA! THERE"S YOUR PROBLEM!"

I use vista. Vista rocks. blockland works perfectly, everything works like a dream. Its not glitchy, I only got the blue screen oh death threes times this last month (I was overclocking, so you can wipe that grin off your face. Excluding the overclocking, no crashes at all)

Windows vista>XP. Deal with your obsolete operating systems.

I second this, but XP isn't obsolete. It's just older. I have Vista too.

I never get the Blue Screen of Death though. I never crash either.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:35:30 AM by Azerath »

XP was released in 01, and people were not happy till service pack two, in 04
there were many issues with security and compatibility.

just like vista when it was new, cept all that i have seen, the problems are gone now. vista got its crap pulled together much faster then xp did.

The two things I do not like about vista: It hates adobe reader, and it hates directX.

[edit] and it hates my router, then again every computer does...

Vista annoys the hell out of me. I'm sure there's just things that I don't know how to turn off, but I have found several problems that I had to manually download and install external things just for it to do the things it's supposed to.

But change frightens me.

Most people hate vista just because it doesn't work with all games yet, if it did everyone would be all "yay for vista"

Basically Vista is the mac of windows. People want windows xp over windows vista mostly because of games.

Most people hate vista just because it doesn't work with all games yet, if it did everyone would be all "yay for vista"

Basically Vista is the mac of windows. People want windows xp over windows vista mostly because of games.

LOL WUT?

You do realize that Vista is compatible with anything you can play on XP right? Most games will install and run just as they would on a machine running XP and for those that don't work as expected, there is a compatibility setting you can use to run the program as if it were running in an older OS.

So far I have had no trouble with Vista. In fact, to me it is better, when a program crashes, my whole computer doesn't freeze up, it just tries to fix the problem and if it can't, it closes the program.

If your happy with XP right now, there is no compelling reason to buy Vista as of today. But if you are buying a new computer (or building one I hope) then you should certainly get Vista.

LOL WUT?

You do realize that Vista is compatible with anything you can play on XP right? Most games will install and run just as they would on a machine running XP and for those that don't work as expected, there is a compatibility setting you can use to run the program as if it were running in an older OS.

So far I have had no trouble with Vista. In fact, to me it is better, when a program crashes, my whole computer doesn't freeze up, it just tries to fix the problem and if it can't, it closes the program.

If your happy with XP right now, there is no compelling reason to buy Vista as of today. But if you are buying a new computer (or building one I hope) then you should certainly get Vista.
I love it too, and I have never had anything not work because of Vista.

Windows vista>XP. Deal with your obsolete operating systems.
XP isn't obsolete. You're an idiot for thinking so. Vista does have trouble running some programs, but that's not to say it's completely unstable. I have a Vista Laptop, and it works fine.

I agree, there's nothing bad about Vista.

I don't know if it's the 4GB size of it or if the first time I used it it took 30 minutes to load, but I'm not too fond of it. I'm happy with XP.

win98 technically ran faster then xp did in that day. your logic is grand

new software and hardware are being made for the new operating system of the time. so you will HAVE to move soon.
or you will be crying about not being able to use/run anything new. just as 98 people when moving to xp. (i try not to think that 2000 was an operating system)

of course vista will feel slow on a machine made for xp.
it requires modern hardware like 2 ore MORE gigs of ram, and 64bit use, dual core+ processing.
cute little xp requires 128m and some 600mhz

yes of course xp is fine. but bisjac demands modern computer parts. playing new games. DX10, and proper 64bit support for 64bit processers that the 64bit xp failed at...

I think I just got owned.