Author Topic: STOP BADMOUTHING VISTA!  (Read 7132 times)

Complaining about Vista using "too much RAM" is like complaining that your car's engine is using all of it's pistons.

my friend was giving me crap because with just my vista and sidebar things idling, my memory was just over using 4gigs.

"well stuff i hope it is, i didn't put 8 in there to not be used"

Vista is very good but I don't have a chance to use it often ;-;

Badspot

• Administrator

This is a google trends graph comparing the terms "xp problem" and "vista problem"
What this graph says is that even though many many many more people use XP than vista, there are still more searches for vista problems.  That means the problem rate of Vista is astronomically higher than that of XP.

Additionally, my first hand experience with vista (as a developer, a user, and as tech support for Blockland users and my family) has been a nightmare. 

Badspot

• Administrator
Oh and I'd like to add one more thing: Windows 2000 Problem

my family

I always pictured you as a guy with no parents, siblings, girlfriend/wife or kids.

Don't take that the wrong way, though.

I find it funny how both terms spike up at certain times, such as end of school year and Christmas  :cookieMonster:

Quote from: bisjac
yes of course xp is fine. but bisjac demands modern computer parts. playing new games. DX10, and proper 64bit support for 64bit processers that the 64bit xp failed at...
Too bad most developers are rooster nuggets and only support 32bit. Almost every processor is 64bit now. Get with the times jerks. It sucks.

I open the floor to theory's on wtf happened that week.
lol

I've seen Vista on my sister's laptop, and I don't really think I wanna use it, that's just me. But I might someday, I don't know.

I open the floor to theory's on wtf happened that week.
lol
christmas

people have more issues during Christmas?
:\ e-cards not compatible? lol

Badspot pwnt vista lovers. Also developers (90 percent of them) would rather develop for xp than vista. And guess which side badspot is on.

people have more issues during Christmas?
:\ e-cards not compatible? lol
Christmas = gifts = computers = new morons installing xp/vista

Christmas = gifts = computers = new morons turning on computers with vista and want xp

fix'd