Author Topic: STOP BADMOUTHING VISTA!  (Read 7136 times)

I don't see how comparing the search terms of "XP problem" and "Vista problem" can be an accurate gauge of how buggy an OS is. For all we know, those people might not know how to use/find a certain feature or perhaps a certain program worked in a way they didn't expect.

Also, I doubt that people who have a decent knowledge of how to use a computer would use such a broad search term and that leads me to believe that most "problems" are the result of user error.

There are numerous reasons (including the ones above) as to why those graphs you displayed aren't an accurate representation of an OS's performance.

I'm surprised that you would go along with what is mostly hearsay evidence when you so clearly opposed it when it was pointed at the state of BL after the release of V9. Perhaps we should make a graph based on the number of complaints from users before and after the release of V9?

Also developers (90 percent of them) would rather develop for xp than vista

Yes, because it is the mainstream established choice of operating system for the time being. I am sure those same 90% of developers (wondering where that figure came from) preferred  the previous mainstream operating system too before it was made obsolete.

As an example...judging by the graph below...clearly illegal downloading has decreased over the past 4 years!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 12:25:35 PM by Reactor Worker »

People only says Vista sucks because everyone else says Vista sucks.

Just my two cents.

Actually, I really liked vista when I first got it. Everything worked fine and I never had any problems at all. Until a week later, I started getting blue screen of death every dang day. Then lately it justs stop working out of nowhere. Now just last night I turned on my computer and it says missing operating system. I know I can't entirely blame vista on that, but I have had a computer back since windows 98 and I have never had that happen to me.

Also, I think this belongs in drama.

« Last Edit: August 17, 2008, 01:46:28 PM by Vertzer »

People only hate vista due to User failure.

:o

[sarcasm] Well that's final, I guess Roblox really is better than Blockland. [/sarcasm]
Some stupid graph can't possibly tell you what is better. I can't even believe Badspot, of all people, used a loving Google search result as a graph to make a point. It's all based on opinion, word of mouth, and preference. This is as stupid as console wars, they both have their ups and downs. I really don't see the point in bickering over something like an OS if it works for you.

Note: More people used Vista, of course the results will be higher

I hate Vista for DEP, games like KOTOR not running at all, and Noctis not running.
Otherwise, it's ok.

I hate Vista for DEP, games like KOTOR not running at all, and Noctis not running.
Otherwise, it's ok.

PROTIP: Turn it off.

I have. I'm just saying for it to be on by default, along with UAC is just stupid.

I personally like Vista. I just can't use it yet until I have enough RAM. 1 GB isn't really enough yet, my other 1 GB stick got corrupt >_>

I got Vista and it's pretty damn sharp.

Looks fantastic and the only problem I've had with it yet is I forgot to turn off hibernate and I had to force restart once, but everything I used to do still works perfectly.

Badspot

• Administrator
The Roblox vs Blockland graph is completely accurate.  More people play Roblox than Blockland.  On a related note, more people have AIDS than play Blockland. 

Google trends is a measure of quantity.  It is not a richard measuring device.  I did not compare "vista vs xp" or "xbox vs ps3" or anything that juvenile.  The search comparison is real and relevant.  Like it or not, when people have a problem they put "problem" in the search term.  The quantity of Vista problems is greater than the quantity of XP problems. 

Badspot

• Administrator
I'm surprised that you would go along with what is mostly hearsay evidence when you so clearly opposed it when it was pointed at the state of BL after the release of V9. Perhaps we should make a graph based on the number of complaints from users before and after the release of V9?
Hearsay?  You must have missed the part where I said my extensive direct experience with vista was terrible.

If we made a graph of the tech-support emails I get it would almost certainly show a sharp decline after the release of V9, mainly because the macintosh version isn't broken anymore and you don't have to un-zip anything to install add-ons.  Now if I could just eliminate the need for port-forwarding I probably wouldn't get any emails. 

I'm amazed noone has posted this...

LEAVE VISTA ALONE ;'O