Author Topic: STOP BADMOUTHING VISTA!  (Read 7130 times)

May I ask what every one is doing with there PC's to require this extra 256MB of Ram as well as wtf they are complaining about? I see bitch bitch bitch but I don't see your problem, "It crashes", so does allot of other OS's. "Its eating away all that extra stuff I don't use", maybe you're just to ignorant to end all of the pointless programs running on your computer?

I think my most probable theory is every one is extremely stupid and can't work out Vista, I took me 2 weeks to get use to but now I'm getting things done 2x faster and able to play new Modern games on decent graphics. And Maybe next time rather then buying a super computer, buy what you need and research around before hand.

I use Vista. Its fine. I use it for compatibility purposes (wat) and the media center. The browsing and file manipulation is a little sluggish, but I get higher FPS in games and can do more stuff. I like XP more, but I've grown to like Vista (post-SP1).

within a year it will be a standard average to have 8gigs of ram, and not long, much more.

The average is 1gb right now, 4gb is nearly unheard of, and 8gb is like 0.1% of the population. Were you joking? Not sarcasm, I seriously can't tell.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:05:47 PM by Altiarch »

1g is not average sry. even stuffty cheap best buy comps come with 2-3 now.
i forgot what it was named when tech nearly doubles in power every 2.4 years or so.
2gigs is long past its time.

average don't mean what you all have, it means what is industry standard, that things are being developed and released for.

memory has gotten SO SO cheap compared to other hardware, that its laughable to not have the minimum 2g
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 02:21:19 PM by Bisjac »

So..... ITT: people whining about Vista because they're too dumb to use it?

May I ask what every one is doing with there PC's to require this extra 256MB of Ram as well as wtf they are complaining about? I see bitch bitch bitch but I don't see your problem, "It crashes", so does allot of other OS's. "Its eating away all that extra stuff I don't use", maybe you're just to ignorant to end all of the pointless programs running on your computer?

I think my most probable theory is every one is extremely stupid and can't work out Vista, I took me 2 weeks to get use to but now I'm getting things done 2x faster and able to play new Modern games on decent graphics. And Maybe next time rather then buying a super computer, buy what you need and research around before hand.

hey!hey!hey! Who said you could speak rationally in this thread? Your only allowed to post if you have a small collection of dislikes and wild generalizations about the operating system! Remember, don't blame the user who probably has trouble heating up soup never mind using a computer, blame the software made by a multi-billion-dollar company who has had an entire division of trained professionals work on a product!

Also, don't blame the fact that people are too cheap and/or ignorant to upgrade their hardware! just blame the operating system for being "slow".

[/sarcasm]

2 GB of RAM is the norm now as PC manufactures have caught onto the wild misconception that "Lotsa RAM = Blazing speed and performance". In fact, most prebuilts come with 3 or 4 GB standard. Really, its the combined efforts of all the components in a computer and the software configuration that determine the performance.

However, even the best computer can be brought to their knees when users abuse their machines by filling them with crappy applications, spyware, adware, viruses and a whole bunch of other user-created problems. If your machine is running slow and you have had it for more than a year, then you probably need to run CCleaner, antivirus software, delete unused programs and finally perform a disk defragmentation. If that is not enough, then its time to upgrade.

The reason I dont like vista is when I was upgrading my computer I think I had windows 98 on it and I wanted XP so I went and saw vista, tried it out and the damn thing couldent run on anything I was getting errors left and right and it was crashing aton! there was some cool features on vista dont get me wrong but in my opion vista is terrible i prefer windows XP also its kinda funny when I was at circuit city gonna get XP  the shelves that had XP were empty, but when I looked at the vista shelf FULL XP will never be obsolete.

i forgot what it was named when tech nearly doubles in power every 2.4 years or so.

average don't mean what you all have, it means what is industry standard, that things are being developed and released for.

memory has gotten SO SO cheap compared to other hardware, that its laughable to not have the minimum 2g

Average as in most people have it. Not average as in mid-range.
Also, that is called Moore's Law, and it doesn't apply to all tech in general:
The number of transistors that can be inexpensively placed on an integrated circuit is increasing exponentially, doubling approximately every two years.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2008, 05:49:15 PM by Altiarch »

Moore's law, FTW!