Author Topic: TSCS- The smarter color set.  (Read 13315 times)

My first completed add-on.

I figured I'd start small here. While this but a lowly color set, I do believe I have engineered a better color set- one based around reasoning and logic.

VERSION ONE
First of all, for basic colors, the set utilizes three shades of both RGB and CMY. The grays are smoothly transitioned. The Tans and Browns have more shades than you could shake a stick at, and the trans are more transparent based on there shade, resulting in much cleaner clears.

(note: unfortunately, the transparent browns and tans were the last row, and wouldn't fit in. Sorry)

Please note that I'm open to suggestions and will make changes as necessary.
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=275f706e1a921700d2db6fb9a8902bda

VERSION TWO
Version two takes out half the grays and and half the browns, combines them, and adds a soft & special row. This version also has the elusive trans brown.
Yay!

http://www.mediafire.com/?hxzzcdz9bll

VERSION THREE
The fabled version three is out. I (kind of) overhauled the system here, opting for ONE shade of RGB and CMY and then adding soft and dark versions of both. I also added NINE browns for your using pleasures. Included as well is a full gray scale, thee shades of trans brown, a COMPLETELY see-through brick (allowing you to paint the brick render-free) and an entire row of off-colors that I couldn't find another place to put. Stay tuned for version four, and, as always, please C & C the current version.

Linkety link: http://www.mediafire.com/?wtl1myz9unm
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 09:44:54 AM by Sirrus »

the end one looks the same all the way down

the end one looks the same all the way down
That's the frame.
The one past trans CMY is trans Gray, which goes from transparent white (basically no rendering) to black (basically a black brick, but neither are exactly white or black)

I like it!  :cookie: 's for you!

I'm not sure what's happening with the browns there, could you talk me through why there's a brown in the monochrome line and why the browns are not organised like the monochromes?

I'm not sure what's happening with the browns there, could you talk me through why there's a brown in the monochrome line and why the browns are not organised like the monochromes?
I was wondering if anyone was going to notice the brown in the monochrome.

That was a painting error, my game was going slow because of having my settings so high, and I just missed the brick I was aiming for and didn't catch it.

As for the browns organization, I wanted to get as many shades of brown and tan as possible, and didn't quite know the best way to get browns and tans incrementally, so I just went nuts and got as many as possible with no order.

I can change it, if you want.

Its nowhere near as good as TBCS - The Better Color Set.

Its nowhere near as good as TBCS - The Better Color Set.
I'm going to take this as a joke, considering the search turned up no results for "TBCS"

Yeah, I looked at that.
Nothing in the screen shot for the color set manager.

I'll pass. Not enough colors. If you're going to make a color set, at least strive to make it better than the standard color set.(although, so far, no one has)

wow looks cool i download

I don't like a lot of colors.
They are too hard to keep...
Track of... Like I paint something,
then I want to go back to it,
and I have to like,
find it all over again.

I don't like a lot of colors.
They are too hard to keep...
Track of... Like I paint something,
then I want to go back to it,
and I have to like,
find it all over again.
So you're telling me you hate choice?

Here, let me do one just for you...

1.000 1.000 1.000 1.000
0.000 0.000 0.000 1.000
DIV:Just for you.

The green is too limey.  There is no normal looking green.  Add more colors to the green.