Author Topic: New Computer Vs Crysis Demo  (Read 4575 times)

I got my new computer working and it seems to run everything fine on high.

Specs-
CPU- AMD Athlon 64 6000+ x2
Memory- 1x2GB Super Talent
Motherboard- Asus M3A
Power Supply- BFG 650W
Video Card- XFX 9800GTX+
Case- Antec 900

I noticed when you turn the anti-aliasing up to x2 or more the background "flutters". Is it just a glitch found in the demo?

Also I tested my computer with 3D Mark 06 and got 10,960 Marks. Is that good?

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:11:17 AM by Obsidian »

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 6000+ x2
Should have gotten the 65nm 2.9ghz one, easily overclockable, much more efficient than the 6000+. Then again, why go with AMD at all?

Memory- 1x2GB Super Talent
No offense, but seriously, compared to the rest of that computer, this is like... indescribable.

Video Card- XFX 9800GTX+
I'm not going to bitch about this, its fine.

I've got an average GPU and I don't have any flutters, but I don't play the demo... or turn AA up, due to a huge monitor.

Also I tested my computer with 3D Mark 06 and got 10,960 Marks. Is that good?
I never use those, I just go with raw-high-settings-FPS. But from what I've seen, that's an average/good score. With technology these days there's hardly ever a "great", crap changes too fast.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 12:15:26 AM by Altiarch »

They're great for low-budget, don't get me wrong, but Intel is quite simply better. I use AMD myself, but... the Intel benchmarks are mouthwatering :panda:

Sticking with one CPU brand is stupid, just get the best you can afford.

Who cares what you think? You're a furry.

Anyway AMD hasn't been doing anything for like two years now in the high spec market. What the hell, parts get stale when there is barely any competition. Look at nVidia and ATI. As soon as ATI got out of the stuff hole this summer Nvidia dropped the prices on all their cards and started releasing better reference models. And ATI is part of AMD now so...why so much neglect in the processor market?

People are all lovey over graphics cards, they underestimate the power of the processor. It's sad, really.

Yes, the best you can afford that is Intel :D

you cant just buy one or the other, you have to have the motherboard that supports the brand.
and many gamers select motherboards dependent on video card brands also.

its not always about price and power.
for what i build, i tend to see AMD, Nvidia, ASUS in the best cases

tests that compare hardware for PCU's don't even make sense, since several other hardware cant possible be the same.

what people tend to think: higher clock peed = must be better
what people SHOULD think: gets the same job done with 30% less clocking also = less heat and power use

your car's rpm clearly does not equal horse power.

« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 03:42:25 AM by Bisjac »

The GPU was a good choice but your choice of CPU is questionable.

I'd also throw in another matching stick of RAM if possible.

You're a furry.
  Ok, why the forget are furrys the punching bag of the internet?!  They are just people with an odd special interest, would you always insult someone who had a toe special interest?!

Ok, why the forget are furrys the punching bag of the internet?!  They are just people with an odd special interest, would you always insult someone who had a toe special interest?!

It's easier to attack a person, than it is to provide a legitmate rebutal to someone's argument.

I'd call Otis out for this, but he backed up his claim with facts and that is all that matters.

If headcrab wants to avoid the stigma, he shouldn't wear his tendencies like a medal.

Yes, I do agree Otis did back it up with great facts, but still, it pisses me off.

you cant just buy one or the other, you have to have the motherboard that supports the brand.
and many gamers select motherboards dependent on video card brands also.

its not always about price and power.
for what i build, i tend to see AMD, Nvidia, ASUS in the best cases

tests that compare hardware for PCU's don't even make sense, since several other hardware cant possible be the same.

what people tend to think: higher clock peed = must be better
what people SHOULD think: gets the same job done with 30% less clocking also = less heat and power use

your car's rpm clearly does not equal horse power.

And for the most part Intel does get the job done faster, with more efficiency, and puts off less heat due to low manufacturing tech, while AMDs goes to 95nm and beyond. I don't see how you interpreted what I said as saying "faster clock = better no matter what", fsb plays a good role in it as well.

And for the most part Intel does get the job done faster, with more efficiency, and puts off less heat due to low manufacturing tech, while AMDs goes to 95nm and beyond. I don't see how you interpreted what I said as saying "faster clock = better no matter what", fsb plays a good role in it as well.
forget the FSB. The new Intel chips get rid of it, but they are only going to work with DDR3 800 and 1066 RAM so uhhh wtf.