Author Topic: New Computer Vs Crysis Demo  (Read 4603 times)

forget the FSB. The new Intel chips get rid of it, but they are only going to work with DDR3 800 and 1066 RAM so uhhh wtf.

Yay for bottlenecks regardless of technological advancement!

Use FRAPS. Get the demo of it, just see your average FPS.

you cant just buy one or the other, you have to have the motherboard that supports the brand.
I am aware of that, and if some rich bastard wants the absolute best, and if AMD catches up with Intel, they'd have to have an Intel supporting motherboard and an AMD supporting motherboard, and switch.

They are just people with an odd special interest, would you always insult someone who had a toe special interest?!
It's not just a special interest, I know plenty of furries that don't look at the research.

If headcrab wants to avoid the stigma, he shouldn't wear his tendencies like a medal.
I really don't care about the insults, infact I find the benfits of making new friends because of it outweigh the negatives of the insults.

I really don't care about the insults, infact I find the benfits of making new friends because of it outweigh the negatives of the insults.
You can make friends with normal people too if you weren't a furry. :)

You can make friends with normal people too if you weren't a furry. :)
I have quite a few friends who are 'normal people', in fact I have more 'normal' friends than furry friends.
Not everyone makes a big deal out of what other people like.

I am aware of that, and if some rich bastard wants the absolute best, and if AMD catches up with Intel, they'd have to have an Intel supporting motherboard and an AMD supporting motherboard, and switch.
...what?

What did you not understand?
That's a loving handicapped idea. If you're going with the rich argument you would just have two separate computers.

they'd have to have an Intel supporting motherboard and an AMD supporting motherboard, and switch.

That part. It makes grammatical sense, but... what? Why?

AMD and Intel have different CPU pin organization...things.
Meaning the motherboards need specific sockets for them to go in.

Right now the best consumer motherboard is the Skulltrail from Intel.

It's loving expensive on it's own, but couple that cost with the cost of the 2 processor's it requires to run ($1500 each) that thing is amazingly expensive. I mean, it can run on just one processor...but why buy that board then?

Intel is leading the way with CPUs and buying an AMD processor doesn't make much sense now unless you are aiming for a really, really cheap computer.

There are Intel boards that support AMD processors.

AMD/ATI are kicking Nvidia's ass right now with GPUs though. The competition is really helping lower prices.

AMD/ATI are kicking Nvidia's ass right now with GPUs though. The competition is really helping lower prices.

Really? I haven't tried one after going with Nvidia, its hard to believe :panda:

Really? I haven't tried one after going with Nvidia, its hard to believe :panda:
Really.

If ATI didn't make a comeback the GTX 280 would still be ~$700.

having multiple processors officially makes it a supercomputer :p

Really.

If ATI didn't make a comeback the GTX 280 would still be ~$700.

Well I was thinking of upgrading my card later this year... and since ATI is generally cheaper, which should I get?