Poll

Should bumping be worthy of a ban?

Yes.
No.
No, there should be a different consequence.

Author Topic: >1 year bump = ban?  (Read 2009 times)

I've been getting frustrated with all of the recent bumps from 2007 in the Gallery. I'm sure there are other areas where people have bumped, but it seems to show most in the Gallery. So, I was wondering; should a bump of more than one year be worthy of a ban?

Well I think the ban should come with a warning like 2 weeks saying Do not bump 1 year old topics. But if you do it again then it should be forever.

I would say no! Cause some of the bumps aren't bad, like bumping a clan that is still active isn't bad. Or like a fun Forum game bump isn't bad.

Yeah,
I said yes.
Theres No need to bring Old Memorys Back,
When you can make new ones....
:D

I would say no! Cause some of the bumps aren't bad, like bumping a clan that is still active isn't bad. Or like a fun Forum game bump isn't bad.
If it's something good, then I'm alright with it. If it's something like this, then it's annoying.

What about bumping a topic that was made over 1 year ago with a 5minute build that looks like stuff?

http://forum.blockland.us/index.php?topic=26941.0

Here is a good example.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 05:25:03 PM by zombie.cxnt »

If people really didn't want them bumped, they would take the time to lock them.

no because whenever i post a topic i expect people to follow standard non-noobish rules and expect that nobody bumps my stuff. Plus, who will spend their time watching their topic die then say "K, its dead, guess il lock it now".
I say yesh but with a 2 week warning.

Also may I add, if we are about to bump an old topic it warns us before we do it. It says warning you are about to bump a X (x = amount of days) topic.

Also may I add, if we are about to bump an old topic it warns us before we do it. It says warning you are about to bump a X (x = amount of days) topic.
Good idea.

Did anyone notice that once a noob bumps a topic they are never seen on that thread again?

Why the heck does it matter if someone bumps something? No one said you had to open that thread.

No one said you had to open that thread.
No one said they had to post in it a year later.

Then you get people saying "nice build I rate 10/10" when most likely that person quit because it was a year ago. So they are bumping a build that the person who made it wont see because he quit. Not to mention bumping it would cause acctually recent and good builds to go to the next page.

When I was looking for Space Guy's /command list, I quoted it and a warning came up that said:

Warning: this topic has not been posted in for at least 120 days.
Unless you're sure you want to reply, please consider starting a new topic.

That means Badspot has already taken precausions.