Author Topic: oforget oforget oforget dow jones dropped like a rock oforget oforget oforget  (Read 6969 times)

Whatever you do, don't sell all of your stocks.

because i give a crap about one countries economy? enough that i will ruin my own investments by keeping them in?

screw that. there is money all over the world, just because the money of the country i live in is going bad dont stop me from spending and receiving from anywhere.

thank god for the internet. i dont have to worry about how good or bad any of these stupid companies do.
let them go under for all i care
the poorer everyone else is the richer i am :)
they the ones that think USD is the only money that exists

the business man is not the evil greedy starfish poor people make them out to be. its just easy to hate the successful
they just know how to make money, the whole point of going INTO business. the little man is not my concern.

i could have told you borrowing money was a fail thing to do.
since when was credit cards and a 30 year mortgage a good idea? it NEVER was. no it didn't get bad, it was ALWAYS bad.
but your parents are teaching you to live that live. because they themselves are misled
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 12:32:34 AM by Bisjac »

My parents dont borrow money, other than once for a college loan. That was payed off though
I just figured I pop in and say hey

i could have told you borrowing money was a fail thing to do.
since when was credit cards and a 30 year mortgage a good idea? it NEVER was. no it didn't get bad, it was ALWAYS bad.
but your parents are teaching you to live that live. because they themselves are misled
Wtf are you smoking?

My parents would have never been able to set up the (successful) business we have if they never borrowed money to help start it up.

This happened in 1987; "Black Monday". It'll go up again.

It WILL go up eventually, but not right now. Also, went up about 230 points today.

Oil may fall to below $60/barrel.

your not successful when your in dept. your real profits haven't even begun.
and as long as your business or home isn't yet owned by you, i don't even accept people whining about home foreclosures, or losing their business.
when the economy turns, or borrower companies go out of business like this, that's your own risk.

borrowing to claim you own a business or home. that's no different then that cliche.
"trying to get(/act if your trying to be a home owner) rich quick"

if you fail, you cant complain. that's what a risk is. your parents were raised by last gen and gen's before to believe that success lies in the investment of owning homes.
but that is just not true, the world changes, and it dont work anymore does it?

so intead of change lifestyles and get with the program, lets just blame bush and the war, and stick our fingers up our asses and make wishes that things will go like they use to 30 years ago?

your not successful when your in dept. your real profits haven't even begun.
and as long as your business or home isn't yet owned by you, i don't even accept people whining about home foreclosures, or losing their business.
when the economy turns, or borrower companies go out of business like this, that's your own risk.

borrowing to claim you own a business or home. that's no different then that cliche.
"trying to get(/act if your trying to be a home owner) rich quick"

if you fail, you cant complain. that's what a risk is. your parents were raised by last gen and gen's before to believe that success lies in the investment of owning homes.
but that is just not true, the world changes, and it dont work anymore does it?

so intead of change lifestyles and get with the program, lets just blame bush and the war, and stick our fingers up our asses and make wishes that things will go like they use to 30 years ago?
So my parents should have started a business with no land, no building, no machinery, no employees, and no resources? Makes sense to me!

You shouldn't be borrowing or lending if you know you'll/they'll never be able to pay it back. But that doesn't mean all borrowing is a bad idea.

And why the forget do you assume we are in loads of debt and failing?

If everything was about getting rich quick(not just making money long term) we'd all be at home reading financial reports and playing the market.

It's incredibly ignorant of you to say my parents borrowing money was a bad idea. 
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 03:24:59 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

So my parents should have started a business with no land, no building, no machinery, no employees, and no resources? Makes sense to me!

You shouldn't be borrowing or lending if you know you'll/they'll never be able to pay it back. But that doesn't mean all borrowing is a bad idea.

And why the forget do you assume we are in loads of debt and failing?

If everything was about getting rich quick(not just making money long term) we'd all be at home reading financial reports and playing the market.

It's incredibly ignorant of you to say my parents borrowing money was a bad idea. 
Your one to talk about being ignorant In the false form of the word

borrowing is a risk. like gambling.
and tada!, borrowing in all ways across America is failing.

fine if you wanna go for it. but only fools thought it was fail safe.
if lenders go under, your dept gets sold to the government, then people with dept learn the true meaning of being forgeted

people borrowing for homes and businesses are taking it for granted in the few first world countries. you think it was like the god given right or something, like its the only way to succeed.
i will be more then happy for these companies to go under, and people with dept to be screwed. to bail out the bad businessmen that caused this all would be a stupid idea.

its easy to defend your parents, when you don't even have investments. your opinion is based off what your parents tell you you should.

Anyone hear the news? Dow jones fell 777 points, biggest drop ever in history.
House refused the $700 billion bailout plan. What a forgetin' waste.

tl;dr (lazy friends): WE'RE forgetED.
Did anybody else notice the irony of it deciding to fall this specific number of points? Lol.

i got into this discussion because:
Whatever you do, don't sell all of your stocks.

that it true ignorance. why should i forget up my investments because so many others in the country forgeted up theirs, from their own bad decisions?
and yes, borrowing was a decision, and now it was clearly a bad one.

since 11am yesterday, i sold all my long term bonds, and got new ones in the same things this morning. while a few with some international brokers.
and its people like me doing this, that are killing the US economy.
however, a good businessman got into the business world to make money, not be patriotic.

i actually will hugely benefit if US lenders go under
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:05:53 PM by Bisjac »

borrowing is a risk. like gambling.
and tada!, borrowing in all ways across America is failing.

fine if you wanna go for it. but only fools thought it was fail safe.
if lenders go under, your dept gets sold to the government, then people with dept learn the true meaning of being forgeted

people borrowing for homes and businesses are taking it for granted in the few first world countries. you think it was like the god given right or something, like its the only way to succeed.
i will be more then happy for these companies to go under, and people with dept to be screwed. to bail out the bad businessmen that caused this all would be a stupid idea.

its easy to defend your parents, when you don't even have investments. your opinion is based off what your parents tell you you should.
No, my opinion is based off the fact that the business succeeded. I didn't say borrowing money was the only option, the best option, or a good option for everyone . I said borrowing was a good option for my parents, when you said it never is and never will be.

Everyone will benefit if the lenders go under, if they don't collapse the economy with them. If they do almost everything except the British Pound(lol gold) is forgeted too. Globalization much? A weak dollar is good for businesses getting back in shape though. Easier for them to produce, export, and provide employment.

Also for anyone who wants to understand our banking system more, I found this video very informative when I watched it two years ago: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-9050474362583451279
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 04:19:24 PM by Otis Da HousKat »