Author Topic: Virus Help  (Read 3234 times)

1. System Restore.
     A. If System Restore fails, proceed to step 2.
2. Anti-Virus
     A. Reboot computer into safe mode with networking.
     B. Download and install anti-malware security trial that lets you detect and delete all types of threats. (I recommend Kaspersky, but not the latest one because its a total clusterforget.)
     C. Use trial anti-malware software.
     D. If step 2 fails, proceed to step 3.
3. Reformatting.
    A. If you don't know how to do this, you should die.
4. If all else fails, buy a new hard drive.

Or NOD 32. Both good.

Yeah, restore did nothing.

wtf i still got e-mail alerts although i disabled notification disabling now...

That virus is virtumonde W32 Trojan. All you have to do is manually delete the files that look like this (warning you might want a professinal to do this you might delete a critical system file.) GdgfJEhe.dll you know with Random caps.than you have to find out were the virus is coming from and where it is being installed. Usally in C:\Document And Settings\<insert name here>\Local Settings\Temp or \Temporary Internet Files
Than in temp delete all of the files. (Warning doing this will cause all cookies (Internet saves) to  be deleted) Than after doing that go to here. C:\Documents and Settings\Douglas\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5 Delete everything there and scan system 32 folder. Than everything should be clean.

Uh, then what happens to the DLL I'm talking about?

How come everyone has been getting infected with viruses lately?

It's cold season already?  :cookieMonster:

Try to zip the infected files and send them off to norton or somewhere where they take viruses and make removal programs for them

I found an awesome program to get rid of files EVEN IF they say "They are being used by another blah blah blah...". Its called MoveOnBoot, you just select the file you want to delete and your compooper reboots and the file shall begone. It comes in GiPo's handy little File Utilities pack, and there is all sorts o' stuff in there you can use.

Here is the link: http://www.gibinsoft.net/gipoutils/

repitively bash your head on the monitor until blood appears, that might work

repitively bash your head on the monitor until blood appears, that might work
You first.

i dont have a virus on my pc :P
Yes you do, it's sitting in that chair typing on your keyboard.

I don't know why but I can't breath from laughing now.