Author Topic: iPod Touch + Water = iBrick  (Read 3231 times)

As you can tell, iPod Touches and Water do not mix well at all. My mother had accidently thrown some of my shorts in the dryer without even seeing my iPod Touch, and it was in the washer for a good 3 minutes. It wasn't off either, it was on sleep mode. So, now I'm stuck with an iPod Touch that refuses to turn on or anything. I've tried everything possible to see if it would turn back on, but no luck. So now I'm looking into getting the iPod Touch 2G, but there is no availible jailbreak for it yet. But for anyone who has the 2G: Do you think its better than an iPod Touch 1G with the 2.1 firmware (not jailbroken)? Only reason I'm asking this is to see if I should just get a refurbitshed iPod Touch 1G and not wait for the jailbreak for the 2G. kthxttylbai

Most electronics don't mix well with water, if it wasn't on at the time you may have been able to dry it out but it's probably shorted by now since you've tried to turn it on.

Note to people that drop electronics in water: Do not turn it on straight away to test if it works, open it up and leave it in the sun or in front of a heater for like 3 days. Then try.

Most electronics don't mix well with water, if it wasn't on at the time you may have been able to dry it out but it's probably shorted by now since you've tried to turn it on.

Note to people that drop electronics in water: Do not turn it on straight away to test if it works, open it up and leave it in the sun or in front of a heater for like 3 days. Then try.

Yeah, my mom just sort of waited until morning to give it to me, and I was all "HOLY forget NO" and tried turning it on.
So any chance of it working is instantly ruined.

So true. I've saved many flash drives using this method.

So true. I've saved many flash drives using this method.

Yeah, my USB flash drive went through the washer with my iPod, and it survived after I dried it out with a blow dryer.

And all types of memory cards and Gameboy games seem to live.

My old phone got washed accidentally once. I let it dry for a few days and it worked again. Although there was permanent moisture spot in the corner of the screen.

Why only 1 gig? There's probably barely any songs on that thing.
Get an 8gig.

Why only 1 gig? There's probably barely any songs on that thing.
Get an 8gig.
(1st generation.)

Just get the new Nano 4G. I did, and I love it.

Rex

Just stop giving apple more money for their stuff commercials pls. Kthxbai.

Just stop giving apple more money for their stuff commercials pls. Kthxbai.
Best MP3/MP4 player around. What else are you going to use?

...casing of the organix be cast in 750 gold (18 karat) and adorned with 63 diamonds (one-karat).

The best part is its only $20,000

Not to forget, the name is close to climaxix.

I'd rather have a gold Ipod with diamonds on it than that mp3 player.