Author Topic: a redo button  (Read 2530 times)

i was thinking like theres a button  ctrl z is a undo button like if its possible a redo button like ctrl v or for wrench eventscs its realy anoying when your used to hit ctrl z and use multitool gun/wand for erase and then hi ctrl z when your trying to delete sumthing so if its possible plz work on it if anyone can but if its an epic failure plz dont flame. ty.

Yes. I've been wanting this ever since about the second time I accidentally ctrl + z'd.

i find that really annoying, im about to hit the super-shift button ( i know super-shift is only ALT but i press Ctrl+ALT for some reason) and then i press Ctrl+z the last bloody thing i built is gone (which is annoying when im ages away from it or i used the duplicator

slightly more on topic: yes we definitely need a button for a redo i would suggest the Ctrl+y since that is the redo button for all Microsoft things and its really just common knowledge of computer controls

but ctrl z only deletes one brick

Snot, what if you had made a large duplication and accidentally deleted it after you cleared the ghost brick?

You must then dupe it again, if you want to wait for it to dupe for a long time

Edit: Lag...

my freind vecka was makeing a giant statue of him (i got real realy realy board) thats all he did for 2 days and he kept hitting ctrl + z when he messed up....the statue was floating....

I remember early in Retail, people complained to Badspot about the Ctrl+z limit being too low. He said that the game has to remember information for all the bricks so it knows what to kill.

A Ctrl+Y would be out of the question, it'd have to remember more then a brick to delete. It'd have to remember the colors, effects, states, events, etc. Way too much information to store, especially when you may not use it.

mabey it should only work for the last brick you deleted?

Also, you shouldn't be able to do it if someone puts a brick where it was o.O

I remember early in Retail, people complained to Badspot about the Ctrl+z limit being too low. He said that the game has to remember information for all the bricks so it knows what to kill.

A Ctrl+Y would be out of the question, it'd have to remember more then a brick to delete. It'd have to remember the colors, effects, states, events, etc. Way too much information to store, especially when you may not use it.
Many computers have a RAM memory of 2 gigabyte or more and dual proccessors and fast internet. This is 2008, not 2001.

Many computers have a RAM memory of 2 gigabyte or more and dual proccessors and fast internet. This is 2008, not 2001.
1: 1gb RAM is average. I have 512mb
2: Internet providers can be bitches on speed, plus considering routers.
3: Dual Processers my ass.
4: Badspot talked about Ctrl+Z, not me. I'm saying that if Ctrl+Z has a limit of like 500, Ctrl+Y would probably cut down to, like, 10.

Don't start stuff with me. You have to consider what TORQUE can handle, not your computer.