Author Topic: Faceplant'd  (Read 3466 times)

Twas riding my bike down the road and all of a sudden my right hand had a spasm, and my bike had to have sensitive front brakes.
I got facepalmplant'd.

Now my hip and hand both have bad grazes, and I landed on my kneecap, which is now really really sore.

Mai friend (the drummer in my band) was watching and started laughing.

It was fun :D

I was riding down a ramp once and I hit an oil slick. I fell off the bike, rolled through the oil and broken shards of glass, and the bike went in the air and landed on me.

Ouch.

Forgot to mention it was outside an old lady's house, and she came running out yelling 'ARE YOU OK LOVE?'.

Slightly different, but I was swimming at the on the beach at the end of the airstrip on Nantucket island (I had finished watching planes take off from an Air Show) when and a few others got the great idea to go take a dip in the drink.

So we jump in and its really cold (October cold?! Since when?!), well anyway my friends chickened out and I decided to be the cool guy and swim out some 25 feet off shore. It became immediately apparent that there was a 9 foot drop off about 5 feet from the shore and the waves were literally crashing in on me. 8 foot waves are really scary, and I'm a good swimmer and surfer. Well I did a really stupid thing by turning my back to the ocean and looked at my friends, when all of sudden a giant wave smacked me face first into the sand and tossed me around like a rag doll. Luckily it threw me close enough where I could wade back up the beach, but the rip current was a bitch and it kept pulling me to the drop off. I never felt as tired before swimming in my life than trying to get back on that beach. I practically collapsed on the sand coughing salt water. So we all walked back to our house and I was still tired and coughing, I honestly felt like I was going to die.

In retrospect I should have realized two things, 1 I was swimming illegally in a private part of the beach that was not meant for swimmers, and 2 big sharks frequent the waters right where I was swimming (2 years ago they reported a Great White off Nantucket and Martha's Vineyard).

A long time ago, when I was maybe... 7, we went tubing down really skinny creeks and such. All I remember was going down huge rapids, and falling off into really deep water... I could see upward, and saw the bright sun shining through the water... and I felt like that was the last bit of my life. It seemed like I went 8 feet down in the water... but, luckily I got saved by my mum.

I have a tendency to stand up when riding my bike. Once, when I was riding my bike, I rode under a tree. I thought I would clear it, but alas, I did not. It hit me (in the head)off my bike, and in an odd way, my bike kept going for about five feet, then crashed into a fence. Some people where watching and laughing their asses off. I was not hurt, because I was *Drumroll* Wearing a helmet! Kids, ware a helmet, cool people do it!

I trail bike 2 miles off a road not far from my house. The farther you go in, the trail gets thinner. I was at this rocky part, where I was feeling roostery and confident. Big mistake. I went too fast, not paying attention to the fact that these basketball sized rocks littered the trail.

I was going pretty nicely when all of the sudden, I slide into a loose patch of sand. I roll out a bit shocked, and my front wheel was slightly turned after sliding in the sand. So I roll along a few more feet trying to steady myself when I accidentally hit one of the large rocks covering the trail. I gained some air, hit the ground with a turned wheel, and flew forward. I landed on my left side and slid about 2 feet before my hand hit a rock and stopped me.

I sat there in pain for a moment, then got up to inspect the damage. Most of the skin on my left elbow was gone, and the majority of my left calf had a 6 inch scrape on it. The hard, rocky ground where I slid was covered with some of my blood.

Riding a mile and a half back home was the worst part. It was a windy day, and a lot of dust got in those cuts.

When I got home and took a shower, I suddenly screamed because of the hot water hitting that painful scrape.

I have a scar from it. It's lumpy and red, indicating that there was still some dirt left in the scrape after I cleaned it out.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2008, 02:52:06 AM by Ghoul »

^Ouch.

In relation, once I went Mountain biking, and I hit a pine cone. Everyone was laughing.

Oh, also I once fell down a cliff when skiing and toke an hour to get back up, that was fun. Again people laughed at me. Missed a giant rock by about a half foot too.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

Why are so many people up this late?

Why are so many people up this late?
So unusual for these forums, eh?

So unusual for these forums, eh?

More or less. I'm rarely up at 1am (here, at least), so I'm surprised at the activity level.

I was in Minnesota for a visit, and my dad, my brother and I were heading on a small walk to the store. Me and my brother were on bikes, and so I was trying to follow him around. He was making wacky turns, and mindless twists. Well he took a sharp turn and zipped by a really busy street(St. Clare I think) just in time, with me about 12 feet behind him. Sure enough, I zip out there thinking it's clear, and bam.
It was more of me hitting the car instead the car hitting me. My bike left a nice deep scrape in the right fender. While, I had skin taken off my left knee, my left pinky was punctured and I couldn't move it, my left shoulder was evenly grazed, and oh the adrenaline. When we walked home to patch me up, I almost blacked out realizing what the hell just happened. Then, later on we went to a packed drive in movie, with Batman, and Hanrooster. :D

Drive in movies still exist? Or was it like 30 years ago?

No, it was this summer.

I was riding my friends bike, which was quite new, and I was riding it fast and pressed the brakes and I went flying over the handle bars and the bike flipped over.