Author Topic: No Team Fortress 2 updates until 2009  (Read 1027 times)

Valve's class-based multiplayer shooter Team Fortress 2 won't receive its next major update until next year, marketing VP Doug Lombardi has informed Shacknews.

Since the game's launch last year, Valve has provided numerous free updates to owners of the PC version, adding new modes and maps along with class-specific achievements and unlockables for the Medic, Pyro and Heavy classes. The studio has pledged that all of the title's nine classes will eventually be updated with new weaponry.

Lombardi attributed the prolonged wait to the impending release of Left 4 Dead (PC, 360), which saw contributions from numerous Team Fortress 2 team members as development of the cooperative zombie-killing shooter entered the final stages.

The marketing VP also reiterated Valve's plans to bring the existing Team Fortress 2 updates to the Xbox 360 version, though no timeline was offered as to its release.
(source)

:(

Good thing I'm a pyro whore then!

oh no, two loving months, how will we live?

Ohnoes.

Whatever, I'm getting it for christmas.

:D

Now they'll be able to finish Left 4 Dead and patch it!

Read again, "No major updates."

I guess balance changes?

</3

You've let me down Valve...[/sad]

The strange thing is, why wouldn't they officialy announce it? Also all the stuff about Predator in the new blog update, it all seems to hint towards the spy being next.

The strange thing is, why wouldn't they officialy announce it? Also all the stuff about Predator in the new blog update, it all seems to hint towards the spy being next.
They could be yanking us about the next release.