Author Topic: Hey guys is anyone still in Iraq?  (Read 4744 times)

Seriously what the forget are they still doing there? Did anyone find nukes yet?

No. Bush "wants to create a democracy" for Iraq or something.

They are looking for Bin Laden I think.
and..
No. Bush "wants to create a democracy" for Iraq or something.

QFT

We are there to create controversy, awesome war movies, and epic Metallica videos.

Sort-of like Vietnam and Rock.

and..
QFT
I thought that bitch was dead.

I think the whole thing is pointless.

Making it into a democracy just isn't realistic.

I thought that bitch was dead.

I think you are thinking of Sadam Housain (dunno spelling)

He's dead.

And we're there to keep the place under control until everything finally dies down, and it's safe.

I think the whole thing is pointless.

Making it into a democracy just isn't realistic.
Well, yeah, I mean from the get-go it was plubicised that the plan of "Preemptive Defense" was to fire 3000+ bombs/missiles at several targets in the main cities in order to Demoralize the people and push them into revolting against their dictator.

Problem is half of them died in the resulting bombing so there wasn't much of a revolution

Saddam Hussein.

Yeah they hanged that guy, so why are they still there? There's like a crazy economic death thing happening, shouldn't they be back in their countries microwaving anyone who they might think would start a riot? Maybe?

He's dead.

And we're there to keep the place under control until everything finally dies down, and it's safe.
It's getting worse though.
Those soldiers so get the forget out, if they know what's good for them.

Yeah they hanged that guy, so why are they still there? There's like a crazy economic death thing happening, shouldn't they be back in their countries microwaving anyone who they might think would start a riot? Maybe?

Shouldn't they be back in their countries microwaving anyone who they might think would start a riot? Maybe?

Lul.

Of course we can establish a sustainable Democracy in a foreign nation with entirely different values through overly expensive brute force and unneeded occupation.

It's like loving Vietnam...rushed in with idealism, but no exit strategy. Battles may be one (like the surge) but this "war" cannot. Every time an insurgent is killed another young man or woman is further fortified in their belief that western society is a corrupt, hateful place.

I'd love to assume that there will be some magical turning point at which the government will have achieved some arbitrary standard of stability and self-sustainability and we can just waltz our way back out.