Author Topic: Building  (Read 5424 times)

Just an Idea I thought of I am not sure if it is possible though. It would be great if the building system in Blockland was put in age of time you could buy some land for 10k and you would be able to build whatever you want on the land, we could make shops and even towns instead of all the wasteland surrounding port town and starboard we would have lots of player built towns. But this is probably too hard to add into the game especially when your working on age of time by yourself, I just thought it might be possible because blockland and aot use the same engine I hope its possible.

We'd have a load of people building big, laggy buildings and/or fill their land with random pieces.

I don't know what I think of this properly.

We could always make the price even higher than 10k so people would have to make the money together to buy some land.

Fireball would lag the game with all the gold he has. He could buy all the land and he would probably put alot of crap on it.

Then Badspot could make it so you are only allowed a certain amount of blocks on your land and ban anyone who just puts blocks randomly just to cause lag.

I hate this idea. It sucks. This is an RPG not a lego game. Even if it was made by the same guy that did make Blockland.

I think this is cool.Instead of blocks  it could be like little peices of houses but when this happens you set it out on this kinda sheet how you want it then like a day or two later one of the peices will get layed that way its kinda real life so maybe a weak later you have a house finished.Also peices could cost money and so could the land.It could cost about 500k (kinda like with some MMORPGs it take like 1,000,000$ to make a guild to keep all the guild at minimum) for a town to be made that way it stays at minimum also if you want a shop like every day when the stock comes in you have to pay like 5k this way only real respomsible people can have a shop or a town.Plus like evry weak you have to pay like a 10-30k pay depending on the size of the town.Plus you could make forts like fort bad but it would be the same like 100k-500k for the land and then like 10k-30k for the peices plus the pay like every weak this means only people like who play everyday can have a shop house fort or town of there own PLUS these might only last for maybe 3 months it might cost like 500k-1000k to keep it forever and when its being built theres like a npc that can tell you the status and the estimated time it will take to finish it.So there are many posibilitys for this (but most likely this might take a year to do beacause BS is still working on BL and he has to earn the money for the for the shader engine (if he hasnt already))

Too complicated, too laggy, and too expensive.

We don't need buildings everywhere.

ZOMG! Lets add a stock ticker to the bank too!

I think this is cool.Instead of blocks  it could be like little peices of houses but when this happens you set it out on this kinda sheet how you want it then like a day or two later one of the peices will get layed that way its kinda real life so maybe a weak later you have a house finished.Also peices could cost money and so could the land.It could cost about 500k (kinda like with some MMORPGs it take like 1,000,000$ to make a guild to keep all the guild at minimum) for a town to be made that way it stays at minimum also if you want a shop like every day when the stock comes in you have to pay like 5k this way only real respomsible people can have a shop or a town.Plus like evry weak you have to pay like a 10-30k pay depending on the size of the town.Plus you could make forts like fort bad but it would be the same like 100k-500k for the land and then like 10k-30k for the peices plus the pay like every weak this means only people like who play everyday can have a shop house fort or town of there own PLUS these might only last for maybe 3 months it might cost like 500k-1000k to keep it forever and when its being built theres like a npc that can tell you the status and the estimated time it will take to finish it.So there are many posibilitys for this (but most likely this might take a year to do beacause BS is still working on BL and he has to earn the money for the for the shader engine (if he hasnt already))
That is way too expensive it would take someone five years of playing everyday just to make 150k.

no it would take around 20 hours of playing. it took me only 3 hours to get 20k. but this will never happen. too expensive.

Exactly the poin thats means at most there would be like 2 custom towns or shops!