Author Topic: Im gonna get an ATI HD 4870 X2 with my new pc for christmas!!!!!!  (Read 3484 times)

I'm getting a dual-core 2.55 GHz CPU, new motherboard, a new power supply and another GeForce 8600 GT to make SLI with my other GeForce 8600 GT.

Don't worry, I 100% doublechecked to make sure the two 8600s are the same. And they ARE.

My laptop still owns that. C:< You will never win. 9800M GS

Sadly no. Those 2 8600GTs in SLI will easily out perform your 9800m GS. Mobile chips suck ass.

Sadly no. Those 2 8600GTs in SLI will easily out perform your 9800m GS. Mobile chips suck ass.
Because of our good friend heat.

Can't say I am having any trouble with the stock VGA cooler.
72oC vs. 37oC idle and it was 34oC before I overclocked.

The GT 200 cards idle somewhere in the 50/60s I believe. It severely hampers overclocking potential. $600 doesn't seem worth it for a water cooling system. Not as important for Nvidia cards, but ATI stock coolers are notorious for being stuff.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:44:54 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

God damn it, I always hit quote or some stuff.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2008, 10:43:03 PM by Otis Da HousKat »

Im getting a complete new computer with a 24 inch moniter.

4gig DDR2 RAM
E8400 @ 3.0 (gonna oc sometime) + Arctic freezer cpu cooler
320GB harddrive
800W power supply

And im gonna stick to xp because im cool.

4gig DDR2 RAM
320GB harddrive
800W power supply

You're going to be dissapointed that XP will only see 3.2 of the 4GB of RAM. :cookieMonster:

4gig DDR2 RAM
320GB harddrive
800W power supply

You may want to consider getting the Q6600. Several of the latest games are starting to utilize the 4 cores and it really helps with multimedia work. What brand of PSU are you getting?

Reactor Worker, I can't answer PMs.

I have a Zalman CNPS9700.

The ATI fans aren't that bad I hear,they have stuff auto control.

Ima get a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 Graphics Card... maybe...

Hey friend, get a new loving avatar and don't loving steal mine.

Hey friend, get a new loving avatar and don't loving steal mine.
Actually, you should steal his. It's bigger and doesn't have stuffty JPG artifacts.

Actually, you should steal his. It's bigger and doesn't have stuffty JPG artifacts.

How's this for bigger?

Yours still have stuffty artifacts. PNG please.

You may want to consider getting the Q6600. Several of the latest games are starting to utilize the 4 cores and it really helps with multimedia work. What brand of PSU are you getting?

I have the Q6600 and I really recommend it, I have never had any problems with it so far and I have it for about 5 months now.