Author Topic: Iji  (Read 760 times)

Author's description:
Iji is an action-packed strategic platform shooter with a detailed story, large levels with multiple paths, powerful bosses and lots of secrets. There are alternate gameplay events, dialogues and scenes depending on what you do, a wealth of extras and bonus features, and seven stats to upgrade through a leveling system. Iji herself has superhuman strength and abilities, and can crack Nanotechnology, use her enemies' most devastating weapons against them, and be a pacifist or a killer which changes her mood and the fate of those around her.

My description:
I found myself closing the game after completing it, and to my amazement several hours had passed. It's one of those games where you are so into it normal time goes by in an instant. The gameplay is fun, basic enough to pick up on quickly but varied enough to keep things interesting. Graphics may look simple, but it's really detailed in my opinion. For it's style, I'd say graphics are excellent.

The story was my favorite aspect, by far. I won't give a lot of detail here so I don't ruin it, but let's just say that your actions change the plot. I went around destroying everything and instead of saying "Sorry..." (like in the beginning), it was a simple "Die!". You can choose either stealth or 'kill-everything-in-sight', but so far I've only done the latter.

Below are two screenshots taken from the page. I really recommend this game to anyone who enjoys sidescrollers, good story, or just good games in general.

If you are still in doubt, there are four additional screens on the page, and oh yeah, here's the trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33mxD4FjD3w

Link: http://www.remar.se/daniel/iji.php

Again, I recommend this game. It's really well done, and when I learned it was made in Gamemaker it surprised me. (Only because I base most of my opinions on GM games by what I've played)

tl;dr: play it, for it is awesome

Ah yes, I remember this, So awesome :3

I tried playing though it a second time but my sister broke my PC, and now Game maker games cannot find drivers ;_;