Author Topic: S4 League  (Read 830 times)

I probably should have made this topic sooner, there was an update that gave everyone who was already registered 30k.  I don't think new people will get it now.

Anyways, S4 League is basically a Gunz clone, but with cartoon art, from a European company, and with levels meaning almost nothing except maybe skill and the higher level people will PROBABLY have nicer equipment.  Nicer meaning that they have actually bought anything, as there is really only "no equipment" and "equipment" with no real variance aside from what weapons they have bonuses for and what defenses they upgraded.  (Shirts give +Weapons(+4 to one weapon), Pants are +Def(+5 to def against one type), Hair is +Def(+2), faces are +EXP or +SP(%10 or +5), Accessories are the same as faces, shoes and gloves are both +HP (3 on each)  I don't understand what difference 3 HP or 6 SP makes, but the rest seems pretty useful.  I haven't actually bought anything yet though.  I am trying to figure out if I want to buy permanent guns and skills or if I want to buy clothing (Weapons/Skills are about 30k, Clothing is from 4k to like 10k)

I guess it's also a TF2 clone in some ways, since you have the medicgun that works the same way just with less ammo and no ubercharge stuff (although the medicgun helps to repair SP so if you had a medic and a shielder it would get really stupidly awesome, or annoying, depending on whose team you were on).  There also a minigun, a charge-up sniper(two of them, actually, just one is explosive and I think takes longer and is less likely to one-hit the target), a bat(although if you want a "scout" build I think the Counter Sword is actually better for getting around, I see people doing triple jump type things with the diagonal-downward trust off it in midair).  No flamethrower, but there is a gun that can hit through walls (I never see anyone really using this) a hookshot skill (Make the "Link" build, I dare you), and probably a few hundred combinations all of which are viable in some way.

http://s4.en.alaplaya.eu/pages/s4_download

So far I have been getting annoyed by anyone who has excessively good aim, snipers, and whenever the entire enemy team seems to have the shield skill equipped.  Shields are loving annoying when EVERYONE has them.

Also, this is quite possibly the only shooter I've ever played where the shotgun (Revolver in S4) is useless.  Seriously, unless you find a way to ACTUALLY hit them in the face at close range, the Revolver is useless.  That being said, I think that a build with Revolver, Plasma or Counter Sword, maybe a long(er) range weapon, and cloak would be pretty awesome.  Sort of an "OH HAY GUESS WHO WAS CLOAKED BEHIND YOU" thing.

My personal favorites are getting into a close fight and finishing it off by switching to the plasma sword and doing a quick meteor attack type thing into their face.  That or flying over/behind enemy lines and dropping down with the dual SMG weapon, then shooting everyone in the head as quickly as possible.

So far I only know like three people who play it (people I got to try it from DRL) so we need a few more to be able to have our own private matches.

My name in-game is Veorill, and I have both a male and a female character, since I am level 7 and got my second character from 5th level.
My level also means that the only way you will be able to play with me at first is by going into the "Free" channel where there are no level restrictions.

Players :

Alenth "Anti-Cop" Eneil :   Veorill
7th level

Mombasa (DRL) : Momba?
??

Control (DRL) : IWCtrl
??

EDIT for screens :

« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 12:50:02 AM by Anti-Cop »

I'll try this out.  I enjoyed Gunz for a bit.

Oh god, I don't think I've ever seen an entire team so angry at one particular person on the other.  I single-handedly prevented most of the goals people were trying to get today just by using the stun attack on a sword then beating the carrier against a wall for the kill.

Also the revolver is excellent if you learn to fight in ways that favor it.

And flying is hilarious in TD on the Station-2 map because you can do everything in the way of helping your team and change roles in about two seconds.