Post real life pictures of yourself.

Author Topic: Post real life pictures of yourself.  (Read 8705577 times)

physical activity

I walk a lot daily, and have a summer job where a lot of strenuous work is done like cleaning walls, lifting objects and things like that. I also drink milk almost everyday if that helps.

I walk a lot daily, and have a summer job where a lot of strenuous work is done like cleaning walls, lifting objects and things like that. I also drink milk almost everyday if that helps.

Well the most direct way would be just lifting tbh. For what you want you could honestly just go to Walmart or something and buy their cheap dumbbells to use at home. You won't get huge overnight or anything but you'll probably put on a little bit of mass.

The main thing though is that you need to eat more calories than your body uses. You won't gain any weight at all unless you eat. Milk is good, especially whole milk

You don't "magically" put on weight, but if you eat in a caloric surplus you will. Just eating 200-300 calories over your maintenance will make you gain lean mass while minimizing how much fat you put on. Obviously you could eat more than that but you'll see more fat along with the muscle gain
Yes but like I said you'll gain weight but it still takes a long time. Depends on how you want to bulk. You can throw on some weight but you're not going to look as tone as you used to

Its more than just eating over your maintenance level. you have to start counting macros too keeping track of your fats, carbs, and protein intake for maximum gains. making you have the right amount of cardio thrown in to
I've never lifted in my life, and have no interest to but in a way I wanna have stronger looking arms because they look so skinny and don't have much muscle. How would I build them up? I don't wanna look muscley or like a tough guy - but I just wanna look a little bit stronger in my arms than I do now.
biceptttttttt peekssss

If you want to have stronger looking arms (lol) just do a bunch of curling, chin ups, dips and such
lift weights
Yes you do
lol

The main thing though is that you need to eat more calories than your body uses. You won't gain any weight at all unless you eat. Milk is good, especially whole milk
You wont start seeing a huge change in mass until you change up your diet and really hit a workout that focuses on hypertrophy

good news is you'll see huge strength increasing when you begin to weight lift
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:15:03 PM by SlayerZ99 »

It's 100% true that you gain muscle weight from working out if you're skin and bones. Not only that but it will cause you to eat a lot more calories due to the more active lifestyle. Probably a different story for fat people, but you're wrong slayer. As for someone like me being average 185 pounds there won't be much difference, especially since I've been working and out moderately and have lived an active lifestyle for a really long time.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2014, 12:27:10 PM by #Ravencroft »

Yes but like I said you'll gain weight but it still takes a long time. Depends on how you want to bulk. You can throw on some weight but you're not going to look as tone as you used to

Its more than just eating over your maintenance level. you have to start counting macros too keeping track of your fats, carbs, and protein intake for maximum gains. making you have the right amount of cardio thrown in tobiceptttttttt peekssss

If you want to have stronger looking arms (lol) just do a bunch of curling, chin ups, dips and such lift weightslol
You wont start seeing a huge change in mass until you change up your diet and really hit a workout that focuses on hypertrophy

good news is you'll see huge strength increasing when you begin to weight lift

Well yeah I just didn't want to go into detail. Counting macros isn't hard though, there's a lot of calculators online that can help with that. I just use myfitnesspal on my phone to count them everyday. It does take a long time though I'll admit that. I started lifting the summer after I graduated high school (so around a year ago), and I've only gone from 130lbs to ~165lbs. I thought I'd see a bigger change but I know I'm still pretty scrawny compared to some friends I know who have been lifting longer. So yes, it does take a lot of time and dedication

I'm just skin and bones :((

Well yeah I just didn't want to go into detail. Counting macros isn't hard though, there's a lot of calculators online that can help with that. I just use myfitnesspal on my phone to count them everyday. It does take a long time though I'll admit that. I started lifting the summer after I graduated high school (so around a year ago), and I've only gone from 130lbs to ~165lbs. I thought I'd see a bigger change but I know I'm still pretty scrawny compared to some friends I know who have been lifting longer. So yes, it does take a lot of time and dedication
I agree. It pretty easy calculating macros and such but the hardest thing is dedication.
In 2 years I've jumped from 126 to 150ish but then again puberty
It's 100% true that you gain muscle weight from working out if you're skin and bones. Not only that but it will cause you to eat a lot more calories due to the more active lifestyle. Probably a different story for fat people, but you're wrong slayer.
You'll gain weight no doubt but eventually you'll only be gaining 1/2lb of muscle and its going to take longer to get bigger. The best thing you can do it eat right.

sorry but you dont magically put on a lot of pounds because of weightlifting

Here I am at 5'8" 148lbs trying to get down to a steady 145
Of not. Why would it be magical? My point is that when you work out, your cells break down in the muscles that have been exercised. Your body then rebuilds the muscles with new cells that are stronger and greater in number. Of course, there's a limiter built into your DNA that only allows you to build up muscle mass (although this can be bypassed, to a degree), but I'm nowhere near that limit. Also, muscle is denser than fat, so even if I were to burn as much fat in volume as I gained in muscle volume, I'd still increase in weight (well, not that I really have fat to burn...).

Of not. Why would it be magical? My point is that when you work out, your cells break down in the muscles that have been exercised. Your body then rebuilds the muscles with new cells that are stronger and greater in number. Of course, there's a limiter built into your DNA that only allows you to build up muscle mass (although this can be bypassed, to a degree), but I'm nowhere near that limit. Also, muscle is denser than fat, so even if I were to burn as much fat in volume as I gained in muscle volume, I'd still increase in weight (well, not that I really have fat to burn...).
by magical i mean youre not going to become swoll all of a sudden
thats all im saying
bulking takes dedication

It's 100% true that you gain muscle weight from working out if you're skin and bones. Not only that but it will cause you to eat a lot more calories due to the more active lifestyle. Probably a different story for fat people, but you're wrong slayer. As for someone like me being average 185 pounds there won't be much difference, especially since I've been working and out moderately and have lived an active lifestyle for a really long time.
I told you all those thrusts would pay off later in life

Technically a picture of me, a simple instagram post about my shoes haha...

what shoes (what type of Nikes)?

My arms are skeletal. You can literally see veins running down my entire forearm and my wrists jut outwards on either side. The tendon that connects the humerus to the radius pokes out like a suspension bridge wire.  I'd probably be worried to gain muscle mass cause of my bones not able to carry the weight :cookieMonster:

Before someone says it, I'm lazy when it comes to helping my physical self on top of that.

Lol my arms are super skinny.

cardio>weightlifting 8)