Author Topic: how do i find my router's password without resetting  (Read 17438 times)

i need to find out my pass without reseting, i need the pass/key  for internet on my Wii If this helps i have a Linksys Router

Did you change it and can't remember or is it simply default?
Default for linksys is "admin"

I don't get why people change their router's password. No one else will be able to change the settings without being connected to it.
Lol at post below me. < Ninja edit

Ask your dad. Most people understand.

Ive done this b4 tell me wht kind of router u got. Usually if u go online and type in ur ip u will need a p word and username, if u got a lynksis the username u should leave blank and make p word "admin"

Asking stupid questions and rewording what was previously said in the thread should solve his problem in no time.

I've done this before. Tell me what kind of router you have. Usually if you go online and type in your IP you will need a password and username, if you have a Linksys you should leave the username blank and use "admin" as the password.
Fixed horrendous spelling and grammar.

I don't get why people change their router's password. No one else will be able to change the settings without being connected to it.

You do realize that others can connect to your router remotely right? There is all the reason in the world to put a password on your router.

It is inherently impossible to fully secure a network from threats, but putting up at least a little resistance prevents those casual threats (like your next door neighbor's kid pretending to be a hacker).

Ideally your router should have a new password, MAC address filtering should be in place, if it's a wireless router you should turn off SSID broadcasting and enable WPA 128-bit encryption.

thanks Reactor Worker i'm also trying to find my password not trying to  get Into my router " uesername blank and pass "admin" i know that, im trying to find my password to connect a Wii to a wireless linksys router  its a diff password also i have a windows XP

Username could also be Administrator.

Also sometimes passwords are written under router or router comes with manual where it may be.
For example on my router there is paper stickied under it and there is the password. (Modem access code - PasswordHere)

Let's just say if you ask it nicely and it caves, you have a stuffty router.

You do realize that others can connect to your router remotely right? There is all the reason in the world to put a password on your router.

It is inherently impossible to fully secure a network from threats, but putting up at least a little resistance prevents those casual threats (like your next door neighbor's kid pretending to be a hacker).

Ideally your router should have a new password, MAC address filtering should be in place, if it's a wireless router you should turn off SSID broadcasting and enable WPA 128-bit encryption.
People can also take your bandwith away.

thanks Reactor Worker i'm also trying to find my password not trying to  get Into my router " uesername blank and pass "admin" i know that, im trying to find my password to connect a Wii to a wireless linksys router  its a diff password also i have a windows XP

Seeing as you don't use grammar that efficiently I would assume you're a child who is trying to access your dad's router.

Which brings me to ask, why can't you just ask him for it or to help you with it?

Seeing as you don't use grammar that efficiently I would assume you're a child who is trying to access your dad's router.

Which brings me to ask, why can't you just ask him for it or to help you with it?

he forgot the pass also XD and sorry i dont like grammar in blockland ( no grammar = fast)

and No its not my Dad's router its for my computer

Then why the forget does the topic say
Re: how do i find my router's password without resetting

Also, why can't you reset the router? If you forgot the pass, it would be a good thing to do anything to make it so you have control.

i had to forword my ports for alot of games and if i reset i'll have to redo it and i don't want too i know theres away to find  routers passwords without reseting i just forgot it.. some where on my computer

i mean my SSID or Local Router Access password

all i know is the pass is 16 letters/numbers
« Last Edit: December 27, 2008, 05:05:40 PM by Flying Ace »