Author Topic: Roblox  (Read 3304 times)

its in many other places too. Like websites and books :P  :cookie:

« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 05:51:37 PM by *Magick* Mage »

Mage's random Proverb of the Day:
"Anger makes a dull man witty, but keeps him poor"
                                             -Elizabeth I

I called it.

loving irritating.

The game is ridiculously laggy. That's what keeps me from going near it.

The thing that pisses me off about roblox even more than the lag, is the lack of original ideas and on-theme builds. The other day I saw a place called "Ben 10 vs pokemon". How on earth does that relate to legos in the slightest way?? It was filled with images mounted to bricks, and completely threw off the game's charm.

Another thing is I hate it when people try to make this little cutesy game into a hard-core shooter; Places based off of call of duty or some other fps.

Also, I think a major reason roblox lags so badly is people load up their place up with so many scripts. The roblox engine wasn't meant to run sixty buggy scripts, on top of a physics engine.

The most fun I had on roblox was at the simpler places, like crossroads. Where it got to the basics of what the game was really supposed to be about: Messing around with physics, hanging out with friends, and racking up a few kills. And those places hardly lagged. Now people don't make places like that anymore.

Until the community sees reality and goes back to what the game was originaly supposed to be about, and stops making places like "get eaten by a giant!!!!" Nine-year-old vorophiles But I just dont see that happening.

The thing that pisses me off about roblox even more than the lag, is the lack of original ideas and on-theme builds. The other day I saw a place called "Ben 10 vs pokemon". How on earth does that relate to legos in the slightest way?? It was filled with images mounted to bricks, and completely threw off the game's charm.

Another thing is I hate it when people try to make this little cutesy game into a hard-core shooter; Places based off of call of duty or some other fps.

Also, I think a major reason roblox lags so badly is people load up their place up with so many scripts. The roblox engine wasn't meant to run sixty buggy scripts, on top of a physics engine.

The most fun I had on roblox was at the simpler places, like crossroads. Where it got to the basics of what the game was really supposed to be about: Messing around with physics, hanging out with friends, and racking up a few kills. And those places hardly lagged. Now people don't make places like that anymore.

Until the community sees reality and goes back to what the game was originaly supposed to be about, and stops making places like "get eaten by a giant!!!!" Nine-year-old vorophiles But I just dont see that happening.
That's the most logical argument I've seen here.

Really.

I used to play it before I found out about blockland.
The community is in all honesty, terrible.
It's all kids who watch too much tv or just steal ideas.

I saw about 9 trillion sonic obstacle courses in one day on games.

One other thing is that most places just use the same ploy. ( Do something blatently easy ) for VIP
I miss the days when the game was actually fun, with custom roller coasters and cool original places.

But for now its dead in my heart.

I used to play it before I found out about blockland.
The community is in all honesty, terrible.
It's all kids who watch too much tv or just steal ideas.

I saw about 9 trillion sonic obstacle courses in one day on games.

One other thing is that most places just use the same ploy. ( Do something blatently easy ) for VIP
I miss the days when the game was actually fun, with custom roller coasters and cool original places.

But for now its dead in my heart.
Someone made a Coaster creator and xLEGOx makes some pretty cool stuff.

Someone made a Coaster creator and xLEGOx makes some pretty cool stuff.
1) It's only cool if the coaster was made by scratch. Not with pre-added bricks.
2) xLEGOx is a pretty cool builder but he puts his name on every single thing. If you enter a place all of a sudden xLEGOx MADE PIECES HERE. RESPECT HIM LIKE GOD appears then you know this guy likes too much credit

1) It's only cool if the coaster was made by scratch. Not with pre-added bricks.
2) xLEGOx is a pretty cool builder but he puts his name on every single thing. If you enter a place all of a sudden xLEGOx MADE PIECES HERE. RESPECT HIM LIKE GOD appears then you know this guy likes too much credit
Well, Considering the fact the most people like to steal and take credit for other people's work a LOT, It's actually good that he does that. :U