Author Topic: V11- Load bearing/Load.  (Read 3151 times)

This question is basically one of how advanced V11's physics system is going to be. What I wanted to know is if each brick had a specific weight. This would mean that 1,000 bricks stacked on one wide brick off-center would have a different effect than 10 bricks stacked on a wide brick off-center. I'm watching this show on Discovery about controlled demolitions and had a few ideas for doing this, but it would only work well if blocks could accurately simulate load distribution.

Weight is determined by volume.

I want to just set up a huge tower and knock it down.  2x2 bricks will do.

I can't wait to make catapaults! (not sure on the spelling there :/ )

Trader? Badspot? Ephi?

Thanks for staying on topic, Warren.

I'm pretty sure it would have a difference.

Weight is determined by volume.
Thanks for staying on topic, Warren.

What? He's right. a 1x1 brick is half as heavy as a 2x1 brick. I am fairly sure this is how it's being worked out.

The bricks may have weight when fake killed, but they are going to lack some of the other key features that bring a true demolition into reality.

The lack of differences between materials, said properties of materials, lack of malleability, and a lack of any appropriate sound effects will cripple the "wow" factor of any large scale demolition in V11.

Recreating these (and other) effects in BL just isn't a plausible goal.

our blocko guys should be able to randomly pick up a loose brick and toss it or something lol

Reformist, you're right, but even if some of the effects aren't there doesn't mean it can't still be cool.

And will there be any support for fakekilling of brick that were supported by the brick (s) fakekilled?

Reformist, you're right, but even if some of the effects aren't there doesn't mean it can't still be cool.

And will there be any support for fakekilling of brick that were supported by the brick (s) fakekilled?
Trader is making/made a wand that fakekills all supported bricks